Nestle Plans to Track Candy Bars with Built-In GPS

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
I think this will qualify as the strangest promotion of the week. The Nestle Company in the UK is kicking off an ad campaign that embeds a GPS tracker in their candy bars and after you open the candy, the GPS activates and you are tracked down and given a prize. Sounds like loads of fun. :eek:

I'm sure once you open up the wrapper, you'll just sit there waiting for your 10k, right?

How big is this GPS tracker??

I actually have access to equipment I could scan the packages to detect electronics... If I only I lived in the UK I could start looking for the prize! lol

I actually have access to equipment I could scan the packages to detect electronics... If I only I lived in the UK I could start looking for the prize! lol

if, by "access to" you mean, from your job, have fun losing your job, AND the prize, when they find out that you used those means to find the tracker. lol

It could be pretty tiny.

http://www.autonavigationgps.com/worlds-smallest-gps-tracking-chip/

BladN.jpg

(needs power source and antenna, and if it transmits, a transmitter device ;))

But won't this interfere with the government tracking chips they put in our fluoridated water ... I hope this won't mess up the government mind control radio waves ... that always gets confusing :D:D:D

But won't this interfere with the government tracking chips they put in our fluoridated water ... I hope this won't mess up the government mind control radio waves ... that always gets confusing :D:D:D

Please don't throw fluoride in the mix of you conspiracy jokes. It is straight forward science that it is toxic. A byproduct of the aluminum industry, that was once sold as rat poison. Is currently banned in European water supplies.
And as far as indoctrination of the populace to accept that the products you buy will(are) tracked, what better way then to start it off by getting the kids %100 behind it. Yeah, where is my prize! :rolleyes:

What if it gets found by someone who imported a bunch of candy bars to North Korea. I can just see the headline now... Nestle SWAT team provokes international incident.

1. Find winning candy bar
2. Forgo clothing until located
3. ?
4. Profit

I can just see someone buying the winning bar and being tracked to where they're involved in illicit dealings. Congratulations! :eek:

So what happens if the candy bar is obtained via armed robbery, and the Crack Team of Highly Trained Individuals arrives... are they obligated to award the 10,000 pounds, or do they force the candy robber to pay up first, or do they just shoot him, since they are individuals with a License To Kill?

psst....funkydmunky......

Fluoride is also a byproduct of the Uranium industry :eek:
Follow the money
Trust no one

Um, what if one who purchases the candy bar, consumes the candy bar, and throws the wrapper away...
Nestle tracks the user down to a trashcan in the middle of a public park, where the user no longer is. Yay? :rolleyes:

I think this will qualify as the strangest promotion of the week. The Nestle Company in the UK is kicking off an ad campaign that embeds a GPS tracker in their candy bars and after you open the candy, the GPS activates and you are tracked down and given a prize. Sounds like loads of fun. :eek:

They will probably stick it in just one unit, not in all of their candy bars.

I wouldn't be surprised if Nestlé found many of their GPS tracking devices in the sewage. :D

"Nestlé must have put extra peanuts in their candy bars. It was little crunchier than I remember." :LOL:

I'm pretty sure they are tracking the candy bar before anyone even buys it. They probably have the "team" stationed just outside of the store waiting for someone to buy it.

Please don't throw fluoride in the mix of you conspiracy jokes. It is straight forward science that it is toxic. A byproduct of the aluminum industry, that was once sold as rat poison. Is currently banned in European water supplies.

Are you retarded? First off, most of Europe fluoridates their table salt instead of the water supply. Second of all, sodium fluoride is not toxic. Yes, there are certain fluoride-based compounds that can be dangerous. We're talking chemical mixtures here. H20 is water, but just H2 is deadly.

Before you go on with your lunatic conspiracy theories, you need to understand how elements interact when mixed. Just because something can be toxic or deadly in one state (2 hydrogen atoms) doesn't mean it can't be essential in another state (the same, but add one oxygen atom). Sodium Fluoride has been shown to, at worse, alter dental development in a cosmetic way, and only in rare cases. Braces fix this.

This reminds me of:
Caller: Fluoride is evil, dude. In toothpaste, they use it to control us. Why do you think all the commercials tell you to brush twice a day? I've read books!
Lazlow: And what book have you been reading that tells you that toothpaste is evil?
Caller: Dentures, the Devil, and the Great Cavity Cover-up, by Jay Phillip Higginbottom. If you'd seen what I'd seen, and if you've heard what I've heard, you'd never brush your teeth again!

Are you retarded? First off, most of Europe fluoridates their table salt instead of the water supply. Second of all, sodium fluoride is not toxic. Yes, there are certain fluoride-based compounds that can be dangerous. We're talking chemical mixtures here. H20 is water, but just H2 is deadly.

Before you go on with your lunatic conspiracy theories, you need to understand how elements interact when mixed. Just because something can be toxic or deadly in one state (2 hydrogen atoms) doesn't mean it can't be essential in another state (the same, but add one oxygen atom). Sodium Fluoride has been shown to, at worse, alter dental development in a cosmetic way, and only in rare cases. Braces fix this.

So safe the LD50 is 5 grams.

So safe the LD50 is 5 grams.

5 grams is an enormous amount ... 5 grams of Salt (NaCl) or 5 grams of Caffeine (C8H10N4O2) wouldn't very healthy either (and could possibly be toxic) ... the amount of Fluoride in water and toothpaste is measured in milligrams ... to consume even a gram of Fluoride would be an enormous undertaking ... sorry I woke up the Fluoride crowd (I just thought I had a nice joke with a slight Dr Strangelove tie in) :D

Why do they need to know where I am to give me a prize?
Do they think were stupid not to know where to cliam the prize.

Somewhere in this, the goverment is running an experiment.
It just smells like candy coated Big Brother.

Back