Swiss Federal Railways Says Apple Stole Its Clock

HardOCP News

[H] News
What did Steve Jobs say about great artists? Apparently the Swiss railway doesn't consider this the "sincerest form of flattery."

SBB is the sole owner of the trademark and copyright of the railway clock. The railway company will now get in touch with Apple. The aim is a legal, as well as a financial solution. It is not right that one [Apple] simply copies the design.

Apple certainly seems to have ticked off the Swiss. I guess it's time for someone else to drag Apple to court and clock them over the head with a lawsuit. I only wish I could watch the court do its thing.

Apple picked on one of the popular kids in the playground so now everyone on the playground is gonna pick on Apple, this is hilarious.

Apple certainly seems to have ticked off the Swiss. I guess it's time for someone else to drag Apple to court and clock them over the head with a lawsuit. I only wish I could watch the court do its thing.

gotta hand it to them!

Apple's argument:
It's not the same because ours doesn't have the little logo under the center. Therefore, we can use it.

Apple's Defense:

If you don't back off we are going to use Plan B: Resurrect Steve Jobs and have him hold a conference to tell your mother that your picking on him and you can't because his mommy told him that he is special.

What's interesting is that they said they were "proud" Apple is using their design, they just wanted to be compensated for it.

I can see why the Swiss are wound up. I wonder who at Apple had their hands in this.

I love it when these stories come out. I only wish more media outlets would cover this kind of stuff. Thay way it would be a little bit harder for the general population to ignore.

I have an obsessive compulsion to always read the added posts to threads I've contributed in. Please, is it time to stop the watch jokes?! :D

What did Steve Jobs say about great artists? Apparently the Swiss railway doesn't consider this the "sincerest form of flattery."

Apple doesn't steal, they simply "invent" things that other people have already been using for years.

For example, we are probably only days away from Apple suing Samsung and all other makers of LTE phones for copying their LTE iPhone 5 before it was even on dream. Then on to Google to sue them for Google Maps since they obviously copied the idea from Apple's new map. lol!

It's shit like this that really ticks me off. But i have to hand it to the swiss for banding together in this time of adversity. I'm betting they were pretty wound up when they discovered that apple had even thought for a second that they could copy the design and not have to face the music.

As alarming as this is, it is nice to see the pendulum swing back the other way. Maybe apples hour has come at last for them to come in second(s).

Hehe, i think that's all the clock puns i have for today.

That clock is so freekin basic how can you even copywright (or patent w/e) such a simple design? Oh that's right the whole process is bullshit I forgot... Here let me draw this circle with lines on it and make sure no one else can do the same thing. Genius!

That clock is so freekin basic how can you even copywright (or patent w/e) such a simple design? Oh that's right the whole process is bullshit I forgot... Here let me draw this circle with lines on it and make sure no one else can do the same thing. Genius!

did you even bother to look at the clocks?

or you just an Angry Apple koolaid drinker who doesn't want his god like company being tarnished....

Unlike that complex round cornered rectangle Apple patented right? :rolleyes:

well if apple can get 3 billion for squares with rounded corners, i think the swiss can get a couple billion as well.

Back