Facebook Offers No Longer Free

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to this story, Facebook has plans to start charging merchants for Facebook Offers. I guess this is as good a way as any to generate revenue. As long as they aren't trying to charge Facebook users, who cares? :D

The social networking giant launched Facebook Offers a year ago as a free service that allows business to send promotions directly to user news feeds. The service, which competes with Groupon and other similar offerings, allows a company's Facebook fans to redeem vouchers for discounts.

Rightfully so - why would you let other corporations advertise for more revenue on your corporate website for free? Either way, it was only ever useful for grabbing exclusive coupons - other than that, shit is retarded to boot.

I've been saying forever that Facebook was dumb for not charging these companies for their essentially free advertising.

Like Walmart to show off to everyone on your list you like Walmart? (no one cares anyways) Well now Walmart gets to blast your wall with all sorts of free spam adds!

If I had a company I would of gone nuts with this!

I've been saying forever that Facebook was dumb for not charging these companies for their essentially free advertising.

Like Walmart to show off to everyone on your list you like Walmart? (no one cares anyways) Well now Walmart gets to blast your wall with all sorts of free spam adds!

If I had a company I would of gone nuts with this!

They were not dumb. With it being online, you need to hook them first before charging.

They were not dumb. With it being online, you need to hook them first before charging.

Hell yea they were. They are talking about forced advertising here, not what they were doing before with the "likes" type of advertising. Honestly they should of just not allowed that period and done this from the get go.

Back