Robot Made Out Of Paper Will Kill Us All

OMFG I GOT A PAPER CUT! GO! SAVE YOURSELVES! I'M DONE FOR!

Watching the video from beginning to end - color me impressed! The amount of patience and creativeness required for this must be astounding!

I did not even have enough patience to watch the entire video. I skipped to the end to see the final product after about 15 time shots of the components.:D

There are people with too much time on their hands then there is this guy...

Watching the video from beginning to end - color me impressed! The amount of patience and creativeness required for this must be astounding!

I agree, but then look at the top comment: "sir, you need a girlfriend"

This is why I hate people

Actually I new a guy in high school that made toys out of paper. Everyone made fun of him but it was plain to me he was a very smart guy. And he was. A real bookworm nerd but he was a bit eccentric. He told me he never had any toys as a kid so he made them himself out of paper. He was able to draw on paper what ever he wanted and then cut out and fold along the lines exactly what the object would be without mistake. He would say "Ok, I will make a Dodge Charger." When he was done it was a good looking model of a Dodge Charger.
He is one of those people you ponder about thinking "I wonder what ever happened to him".
The last time I saw him was a few years after high school. I was driving home from work and I saw him walking up the side of the road. I stopped and gave him a lift. He was working in a furniture factory doing assembly work. His clothes was stained with wood stain and poly finisher.
I said "Heck, you should be designing the furniture!"
He answered "I wish! I will never get far working there but that was the only job I could find."
Then he began to talk about what he was doing in his spare time. Still his passion was making toys and models out of paper. It seems his world was very small and that is how he preferred it.

^ I never had much toys when I grew up too, luckily I was born a boy or else I wouldn't have had anything to play with. ;)

Awesome. It's more like a clockwork machine rather than a robot, though, but still amazing.

Holy fuck, I would set fire to everything out of sheer rage of trying to build this.

It would have been awesome if he used colored paper! :D

AND, who ever created the video...

PLEASE NOTE: Heavy barrel distortion at the wide end of the camera's lens range. :rolleyes:

That is just bananas. I get a headache just thinking about the details and .... ugh.

Towards the end you can see another robot looking thing made of paper in the background, off to the right.

I used to build Papercraft stuff all the time at my old job. 3-4 conference calls a week gave me extra time :D

I built a trebucket that we used to launched walnuts at our network engineer, a 30 page nissan race car (for my girlfriend, who worked at Nissan), a bunch of fish, and part of the Titanic. Never did finish it. My coworker wanted to build a giant iceberg for his cube, but never did.

i used to make papercraft ipods at college and just place it at random places. fun to see people reactions, they are like omg i spot a ipod than they get close and pick it up and found it is fake.

They usually destroy the papercraft afterwards. fun times.

ya, but kevlar doesn't "rust"

I know rust is the wrong word, but can you imagine chipping your paing and the entire side of your car swelling up and falling off? :D

I did not even have enough patience to watch the entire video. I skipped to the end to see the final product after about 15 time shots of the components.:D

LOL I did too even though I have nothing better to do right now.

Actually I new a guy in high school that made toys out of paper. Everyone made fun of him but it was plain to me he was a very smart guy. And he was. A real bookworm nerd but he was a bit eccentric. He told me he never had any toys as a kid so he made them himself out of paper. He was able to draw on paper what ever he wanted and then cut out and fold along the lines exactly what the object would be without mistake. He would say "Ok, I will make a Dodge Charger." When he was done it was a good looking model of a Dodge Charger.
He is one of those people you ponder about thinking "I wonder what ever happened to him".
The last time I saw him was a few years after high school. I was driving home from work and I saw him walking up the side of the road. I stopped and gave him a lift. He was working in a furniture factory doing assembly work. His clothes was stained with wood stain and poly finisher.
I said "Heck, you should be designing the furniture!"
He answered "I wish! I will never get far working there but that was the only job I could find."
Then he began to talk about what he was doing in his spare time. Still his passion was making toys and models out of paper. It seems his world was very small and that is how he preferred it.

Dr. Rightious, can you give me this person's contact? i would like hire him...

I've done 3D paper prototyping before (it's cheaper than metal), but not to that extent. Now it's better to do it in software, so I don't bother with paper anymore.

Nice job! ;)

Dr. Rightious, can you give me this person's contact? i would like hire him...

Hi,
Unfortunately the little story I related happened over 20 years ago in a place I have long since moved far away from. A small town in a rural part of the country. -0- opportunity for anyone that aspires to be anything more than a bubba.

Back