Anonymous Spokesman Barrett Brown Arrested

HardOCP News

[H] News
What is worse than getting arrested? Getting taken down while you are video chatting with your followers. And this guy is the spokesman for Anonymous?

At the 1:31 mark of the video below, Dallas police can be heard storming into the room where Brown was broadcasting. Brown had shortly before moved away from the computer, but can be heard amid the police officers' orders. A woman who was sitting in front of his computer quickly closes the laptop. Many of those who witnessed the raid via chat were under the impression it was a hoax, or even a prank undertaken by Brown himself.

Never a good sign when you get to do the Perp Walk in front of your own webcam :D

I understand Anonymous members aren't helping things but actually making laws easier to pass that violate privacy and freedom and liberty but... "destroy FBI agent Robert Smith." The police kick your door down/do raids for that shit (a verbal threat) now a days?

I don't care about Anonymous one bit as much as I care about the LEO's violating (or cutting corners) the law themselves as favors or going overboard to make statements. I've literally called the cops myself this year on someone that threatened to kill me (like I'm going to get my gun right now and come back and kill your ass) and the cop clearly stated it was not a crime to threaten someones life and that he couldn't do anything about it. I was WTF and that was that. This same person ended up going after someone else and getting arrested within a month (tops) for position of a gun. Here's the police blotter regarding him just to show I think it was a somewhat credible threat.

Yet at the time I couldn't do anything about it and they only ended up arresting him because they caught him with it in his position going after someone else. So 3-5 years for him.....see ya! My point is, no one cared when it was me being threatened.

Disclaimer: I didn't know him personally, he came out of no where more or less (crazy tard).

Well, the FBI hasn't said why they arrested him ... everyone is basing the "threat" rationale on a Tweet from a lawfirm in California ... he was arrested by Dallas Sheriffs and turned over to the FBI ... that is all anyone knows right now ... however, it never pays to threaten government officials or agents if you are one of their "usual suspects" ... the government types are definitely opportunists and when turns of turmoil occur (like right now with this whole Mideast rioting) they are not above using hightened security to execute actions they might have had to let slide in other times ... until they actually commit what he is charged with everybody is just guessing right now

From the story on WFAA:

AP said:
Brown's attorney, Jay Leiderman, told The Associated Press that he expected Brown to be charged with making threats to a federal agent. Leiderman said the accusations are connected to YouTube videos Brown posted in recent days.

The most recent video posted to Brown's account is entitled in part, "Why I'm Going to Destroy FBI Agent Robert Smith." In it, Brown rails against federal authorities for what he describes as an unfair investigation of him and his mother, who he said was not involved in any of Anonymous' activities.

In a profanity-laced tirade, Brown threatens in the video to strike back at Smith.

"So that's why Robert Smith's life is over," Brown said. "But when I say his life is over, I don't say I'm going to go kill him. But I am going to ruin his life and look into his (expletive) kids."

Brown then smiles before adding: "How do you like them apples?"

I think the FBI liked them apples quite a lot since if gave them an excuse. There's also a really good chance that the FBI get's a ton of info on other Anonymous members when Brown tries to save his own skin. :)

thats freaking great. you can hear the little turd whining that it hurts.

Typical police thugs, the amount of force they used as well as their language was completely unnecessary and unprofessional.

The FBI are a gang of criminals. I seriously doubt that an FBI agent is going to feel threatened by some random troll on the internet; more than likely, they had an ego to protect.

Typical police thugs, the amount of force they used as well as their language was completely unnecessary and unprofessional.

The FBI are a gang of criminals. I seriously doubt that an FBI agent is going to feel threatened by some random troll on the internet; more than likely, they had an ego to protect.

Definitely, you can not let that ego go unprotected. I AM DA LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL...The idiot kid told them straight up he had guns and would kill every agent that tries to raid him. I would say there is more than sufficient cause to use overwhelming force, and that is exactly what they did.

Now, about the idiot...how stupid can a person be to even think they would have a prayer in hells chance in a gun fight raid against authorities and then to go out and broadcast your intentions?

That kid is a whack job druggie, anyone who think's he is smart needs a little common sense reality knocked into them.

Back