Black Mesa Source 1.0 Out Now

HardOCP News

[H] News
The wait is finally over! Those of you that have been chomping at the bit to play Black Mesa Source can hit the link above and download v1.0 for free. Thanks to [H] forum member "mknlb50" for the working link!

Prepare for an experience that you will find nostalgic, exciting and fresh. Black Mesa is a re-envisioning of Valve Software's seminal game Half-Life. You will re-visit the inaugural role of Gordon Freeman and his memorable journey through the Black Mesa Research Facility.

You're kidding. I just BARELY installed HL2, EP1&2 to replay them...

Thats so cool...

It passed Steam Greenlight several days ago. Hopefully it will be on Steam soon, where everyone can get full download speed without being subscribers :p

I'd love to see more games recieve the "HD" treatment.

I've seen dozens of "Total conversions" of popular games in newer engines like Unreal3, or ID tech, but they are never completed.

I recall someone was doing a Duke nukem TC with U3 engine. havent' heard from them for a while.

I'm still pumped, I can't wait for this download to finish and take a stroll down memory lane.

I'd love to see more games recieve the "HD" treatment.

I've seen dozens of "Total conversions" of popular games in newer engines like Unreal3, or ID tech, but they are never completed.

I recall someone was doing a Duke nukem TC with U3 engine. havent' heard from them for a while.

because of copyright laws, in order to do a full conversion you got to remake everything or you will get the copyright stop hammer.

Remember generations for quake 2? Back than it added quake 1, doom, doom 2, wolf3d, all into quake 2. Everything was converted to keep the org style even the single player. Lot of stuff was done but it got shut down because of copyright stuff. Than sog appeared for a short file and that also got shut down.

Basically this is a patch to update the original Half-Life with better graphics? I'm not well versed in Black Mesa, sorry.

Now if only Square Enix would do the same for Final Fantasy VII - we don't really need them to redo the whole game, just update the graphics, lol.

well all of half-life 2 finish installing. 8 min left to dl black mesa source.

even though i wont be able to play it until i get home after work tonight

Thank you for the torrent link!! Now I have something tasty to feed my torrent box today. :D

Now these points of data make a beautiful line.
And we're out of beta.
We're releasing on time.
So I'm GLaD. I got burned.
Think of all the things we learned
for the people who are still alive.
Go ahead and leave me.
I think I prefer to stay inside.
Maybe you'll find someone else to help you.
Maybe Black Mesa
THAT WAS A JOKE.
HAHA. FAT CHANCE.

Just got it downloaded. The thing...i'm at work, not sure if I have time to test it out.

Now we just need them to finish Operation: Black Mesa and I can die happy.

They still need to finish Black Mesa. I just read this...

Black Mesa will be released only up to the Xen level of the original game. The team plans to release the Xen levels sometime later; with the current content, they estimate that players will have eight to ten hours of content to complete

Black Mesa will be released only up to the Xen level of the original game. The team plans to release the Xen levels sometime later; with the current content, they estimate that players will have eight to ten hours of content to complete

Operation: Black Mesa is the revamp of Opposing Forces

So basically as released it's about 2 hours longer than a modern AAA FPS titles single player campaign.

I'm at work So I rdp home and just started the download.

i'm doing it from the site so its abit slow around 200-220kb

thanks for the torrent link above but that isn't even moving.

Zarathustra[H];1039139651 said:
How do you get this?

I figured it would be on steam, and searched there, but did not find it.

It's under 'Tools'. Just click on the 'All Games' dropdown to the right of the search bar, select tools and it's in there.

Thank you mknlb50 and Steve. The links working great. Downloading @500+ KBsec.

I played some of HL2. I really don't know shit about HL1/black mesa or any of that. I look forward to learning.:D

Thanks guys.

Back