The NSA Wants Hackers

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention hackers: The NSA wants you! We're not talking the "let's-go-for-a-ride-with-a-black-bag-over-your-head" kind of way either (well, maybe some of you), this is an employment opportunity.

Hey, hackers: The NSA is out to get you. If you're an American who can code malware to infiltrate a network, or snoop on SMS messages, or stop a distributed denial-of-service attack in your sleep, you're a person of interest. Age is of little consequence. Location likewise. The NSA's mission is simple: It's trying to identify formidable hackers. But not to arrest them. To recruit them.

Its a trap.jpg?
12812-its-a-trap

wait a minute........

I went all IDDQD in Doom one time, hire me!

it is interesting cheaters and hackers get all lumped into one.

cheaters are not hackers.

the people that develop the cheats are because it has to do with program hooking.

These types of job usually involve security clearances. And security clearances above a regular Secret one often involve polygraphs asking whether you've ever done anything illegal. Like, you know, attempting to gain unauthorized access to a computer system.

I'm not sure how NSA is going to make this work.

These types of job usually involve security clearances. And security clearances above a regular Secret one often involve polygraphs asking whether you've ever done anything illegal. Like, you know, attempting to gain unauthorized access to a computer system.

There are lots of people who have higher than secret clearances who are not subject to polygraphs or are subject and have never been given one. Many of the higher profile security incidents in recent history actually happened after people duped a polygraph machine. In addition there are various sorts of polygraphs one can take. The equipment is generally the same for each, but the questions are different. Lifestyle polys are pretty much a free-for-all and counter-intelligence polygraphs are a lot more limited in scope.

Eh, what'll happen is they'll get them to do some shit, then blackmail them into doing more otherwise they'll go to prison.

Like, you know, attempting to gain unauthorized access to a computer system.

They make it work by not giving a shit. They're not the FBI, they can't arrest you for hacking into Sony, and since they want you to do the same thing to the PRC you did to Sony, they have no interest in arresting you either.

it is interesting cheaters and hackers get all lumped into one.

cheaters are not hackers.

the people that develop the cheats are because it has to do with program hooking.

I tried arguing this point with various people over the years whenever it is brought up but eventually stopped caring because people are stupid.

Very few people want to work for the man anymore. Corporate is much more lucrative and you don't have to worry about having the government completely embedded up your ass.

They make it work by not giving a shit. They're not the FBI, they can't arrest you for hacking into Sony, and since they want you to do the same thing to the PRC you did to Sony, they have no interest in arresting you either.

I don't know if they've patched it now but even after they got hacked, they failed to patch the SQL injection vulnerabilities on a couple of their international sites.

It would be really cool to have a job working for dem alphabet boys but all I can think is

Very few people want to work for the man anymore. Corporate is much more lucrative and you don't have to worry about having the government completely embedded up your ass.

The Government and Corporate are both the Man especially today. Well, they're actually like to gay lovers in a tender embrace, but its essentially the same.

If your work for the NSA on a contract basis you may not get paid if they decide that they do not want a paper trail to whatever they were going to pay you for.

Back