Turn Smart Phone Images Into Real Photos

HardOCP News

[H] News
This is the most ridiculous thing I have seen all day. It's almost 2013, who wants camera pictures cropped into Polaroids? Well, if Kickstarter is any indication, it looks like a lot of people like this idea. :confused:

I dunno.... look at instragram. Apple people seem to like spending lots of money and then make their stuff look like it's cheap.

what happened when the camera app change layout. the picture will be cut wrong?

OK. I'm all for nostalgic factor of a Polaroid camera (the actual thing) but this is something only a total tard would find "useful/fascinating/great/etc".... Oh wait, it's for an iPhone.... In that case, it will sell MILLIONS of units...:eek:

I have an idea...how about a camera that takes instant pictures...or one that you have to bring to a 1 hr photo to get processed. :p

If you want a hard copy of a picture...use a portable printer. :D

It's all hipster douche baggery. No one cares for this shit but them. It's SWPL (Shit/Stuff White People Like).

I have an idea...how about a camera that takes instant pictures...or one that you have to bring to a 1 hr photo to get processed. :p

If you want a hard copy of a picture...use a portable printer. :D

I dont think there is a Polaroid that does instant anymore.

Interesting, I've been buying film for my old Polaroid camera from this company for a while.

I had that polaroid camera he had in his hand. I think I tossed it though. :(
Probably worth something now.

Can we use KickStarter to get that dude a haircut?
And what is with the creepy half mannequin on a table in an empty factory? Why?

....processed and developed by chemicals. A photo that exists physically – IRL. A photo that is a one-of-a-kind original that can be shared, exhibited and preserved. A photo that no longer needs an electronic device to be seen.

LOL. They make it sound like this is new.

What bothers me most isn't that they think that printing cellphone images to instagram is good (though certainly popular), but that the best method is to record it from a qHD screen from a backlit LCD.

What bothers me most isn't that they think that printing cellphone images to instagram is good (though certainly popular), but that the best method is to record it from a qHD screen from a backlit LCD.

Apparently that extra downgrade to analog is appealing. "So retro dude, look how blurry and washed out it is" Sad.
A wi-fi/usb/blue-tooth capable mini ink-jet that prints onto firm, small stock (instant mini postcard) would be smaller/cheaper, non-ridiculous. :p

So you buy a 400-500 dollar phone that has a 5 megapixel camera, plus this 200 dollar device, just to end up an analog photo that is sub-megapixel in detail (the iphone4 screen resolution is 960x640).

And the quality will probably be worse than with a 20 dollar polaroid camera that you can pick up used from the Salvation Army/Goodwill store...

So you buy a 400-500 dollar phone that has a 5 megapixel camera, plus this 200 dollar device, just to end up an analog photo that is sub-megapixel in detail (the iphone4 screen resolution is 960x640).

And the quality will probably be worse than with a 20 dollar polaroid camera that you can pick up used from the Salvation Army/Goodwill store...
This. 1000 times this. But since many iPhone users are so stupid it will sell like hotcakes.

Well who wants to carry around a Polaroid camera wherever they go :p

I can understand the appeal of retro looking images, but stelu just exporting them to a PC and throwing some sepia and aging filters at it would be easy and cheap?

stelu = surely. My smartphone typing skills are lacking!

My phone3 connects to my printer via bluetooth...I can print photo's pretty easily already.

I took a picture of your picture,

so that you can look at your picture, on a picture...

:rolleyes:

Dumbest fucking idea ever...

I have printers that will connect to network or usb that prints if needed. Why need more than that

Will somebody give this guy a damn USB CABLE!!!!!!!!!!!! or least show him where to get one ebay got shit loads of them.

I'm starting a kickstarter project that is an 8-track player/recorder with an iPhone/iPod dock. It will also have an 8-track player for your car.

Because 'tarded ideas seem to be the rage.

fucking hipsters

hipsters man
HipsterkittyLooksRich.jpg

Back