China's Alibaba to Pass Amazon, eBay in Transaction Value

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We all know how big Amazon and eBay have become over the years, now try to imagine a company that is poised to top both combined companies in yearly sales. The company is Alibaba and could be located nowhere else but China to have such a huge yearly volume and potential for growth.

"From their annual reports we did a rough calculation and we were similar last year but we are growing faster than them this year, so this year we are probably larger than them," Zeng said of Amazon and eBay, America's top online retailer and auction site.

I'll believe it when I see it.

"They're set to pass"... based upon the predictions of the company.

i go to alibaba and all I see is cheap quality chinese junk, which you must buy in bulk too

Won't touch it with a 10ft poll. If I want something like a DVD - I don't want a fucking China pirate one knockoff.

i go to alibaba and all I see is cheap quality chinese junk, which you must buy in bulk too

well the items are cheap and cheaper in bulk, but not all items are cheap quality, some of them are decent and about 1% are actually good. it helps small business to buy from them than get brand name items even straight from company.

Won't touch it with a 10ft poll. If I want something like a DVD - I don't want a fucking China pirate one knockoff.

With the economic state of the world, the global retail market is significantly softer than it was in previous years. Consumers will be seeking to fill the same wants they previously had, but with less expensive substitute goods. Alibaba is a low cost retailer. While many products have shortcomings or quality control issues and some sales are done in bulk, it makes a great deal of sense that they are in a position to rise while others fall. Ebay has become a much less attractive place for bargain shoppers. Amazon is being forced to collect sales tax which will cause their prices to bubble up a bit too.

I think you're going to find that many customers won't bother worrying themselves over piracy problems and the quality control issues will sort themselves out as businesses see some losses due to return merchandise. Already, there are enough sales from people without your feelings to put them into a position close to the top of the online retail heap.

I've seen Alibaba in google searches before. Went there, checked out the products, didn't see price quotes half the time, and no customer reviews of sellers...A site that doesn't have customer reviews of sellers, and a lot of sellers have very recent join dates. Puts of all sorts of red flags in my mind to stay far away.

Anyone here have any experience ordering form them?

Anything ive seen on Alibaba has required a bulk purchase. I didnt know they sold anything in any other way....

Alibaba is crap, all the sellers either don't respond or want you to buy 10000 of everything... Aliexpress is pretty good though, mostly the same chinese garbage just with prices and smaller min qtys

never heard of them till this post lol

meh i will stick with amazon :)

I have purchased some decent stuff from www.dealextreme.com and www.chinavasion.com

Dealextreme even sells sex toys... I would stay far away from their condoms tho.
It's all about you get what you pay for, it's good for buying cheap simple things like webcams, light sources, flashlights, cell phone/tablet accessories, various adapters and tools and so on. But I wouldn't buy anything expensive from them. The phones they sell are all fake US/EU phones. And the also bad thing is delivery time, you wait moth or 2 to receive items.

Love it! Bought 5 out of my 7 children from there and only 1 was questionable quality.

Just be sure to pay extra for the shipping protection. One of the child I got was damaged in transit, they sent a replacement and the process was hassle free.

Back