Stuff Apple Fanatics Say

This has taken away everything Apple Fanatics can say on forums now.

Just played this for a friend who is a die-hard iPhone user, he actually laughed and smiled.

I love it. A lot of it is actually mostly true, or somewhat true, or entirely true. I find Apple products simply superior to others at this time, but they are certainly far from being perfect.

Awesome.

The part about no viruses really makes me laugh, but not because we all know it's bullshit. My friend is a teacher in a school district in Alabama. The superintendent is a die hard iFanatic. We're talking Tom Cruise and Scientology type addiction.

He just had the entire district swap from Windows to Apple during the summer. All teachers now have Macbook Airs. All students in grades 7-12 all get Macbook Airs that they take home. No anti-virus on any of them. So I'm just waiting for the day I get a phone call from my friend to tell me the school is hosed by some malware that was spread by students.

Oh and they have no budget to get the students MS Office for Mac. They have no more budget period since the entire IT budget was blown on this "upgrade".

I love it. A lot of it is actually mostly true, or somewhat true, or entirely true. I find Apple products simply superior to others at this time, but they are certainly far from being perfect.

If you don't mind the price tag, or the limitations imposed on the end user, then yeah great stuff.

If you don't mind the price tag, or the limitations imposed on the end user, then yeah great stuff.

Apple stuff actually are cheaper than you'd expect. Take the retina MacBook Pro. Couldn't find a single computer PC that was competitive in specs or price. Mine cost $2171 after student discount, selling iTunes card. That's a 2.6ghz quad Ivy, 16gb ram, 256 SSd, GT650M and usual specs.

Awesome.

The part about no viruses really makes me laugh, but not because we all know it's bullshit. My friend is a teacher in a school district in Alabama. The superintendent is a die hard iFanatic. We're talking Tom Cruise and Scientology type addiction.

He just had the entire district swap from Windows to Apple during the summer. All teachers now have Macbook Airs. All students in grades 7-12 all get Macbook Airs that they take home. No anti-virus on any of them. So I'm just waiting for the day I get a phone call from my friend to tell me the school is hosed by some malware that was spread by students.

Oh and they have no budget to get the students MS Office for Mac. They have no more budget period since the entire IT budget was blown on this "upgrade".

I was working doing phone support at a company in Toronto in 2006 and one of the managers claimed that the reason Macs had no viruses was because they were "so well made" and that they invited a bunch of hackers to make a virus for them and no one could do it. So yeah, the guy was supremely delusional, because I've found exploits that made it incredibly easy to make viruses for them in 10 seconds on a search.

I seriously hope people are doing what they can to get this guy fired, because he's clearly incompetent in several ways, perhaps the most glaring being his lack of budgeting...

Apple stuff actually are cheaper than you'd expect. Take the retina MacBook Pro. Couldn't find a single computer PC that was competitive in specs or price. Mine cost $2171 after student discount, selling iTunes card. That's a 2.6ghz quad Ivy, 16gb ram, 256 SSd, GT650M and usual specs.

lol... you are so off base here. Aaaand it's a major ripoff. You couldn't list specs there that'd make that laptop worth $2171.

I seriously hope people are doing what they can to get this guy fired, because he's clearly incompetent in several ways, perhaps the most glaring being his lack of budgeting...

Parents and teachers are super pissed, but the board of directors love him so they're ignoring the complaints. Apparently President Obama gave the district some award for being "cutting edge" or some crap which helps them justify their decision. :rolleyes:

The superintendent made the change with complete disregard to the way the teachers have been doing things. My buddy and his brother-in-law have both been teaching using certain software for 10 and 16 years respectively. Both of them have no way to transfer their work to Mac software. Only option for them was to create a virtual machine of XP, which they did.

The really funny part about students not having MS Office for Mac is that the teachers all do. So teachers can create documents but the students can't open them. Told my buddy to just use Google Docs in that case. Yeah, Google Docs has been blocked by the district.

lol... you are so off base here. Aaaand it's a major ripoff. You couldn't list specs there that'd make that laptop worth $2171.

Haven't seen another system set the 'baseline' pricing with those specs. Care to link to something? (2880x1800 display required)

Haven't seen another system set the 'baseline' pricing with those specs. Care to link to something? (2880x1800 display required)

Nope, I have nothing to link, but it's not a good deal to charge over a thousand dollars over a similar PC without that screen. Would you call Sony's $25k 4k projector a good deal? What alternatives are there? Very few? Must be a great deal, then. I'll go start a thread in the hot deal forum about it.

Spending more than $1500 on ANY computer in this day and age is probably a sign you have little connection with reality.

Not really something to brag about.

Nope, I have nothing to link, but it's not a good deal to charge over a thousand dollars over a similar PC without that screen.
Define 'similar.'

-Form factor?
-Weight?
-Battery life?
-Support options?
Would you call Sony's $25k 4k projector a good deal? What alternatives are there? Very few? Must be a great deal, then. I'll go start a thread in the hot deal forum about it.
I wouldn't make a call one way or another; I have no need for a 4K projector. Those that do, probably have the money to spend. Not my place to decide.
Spending more than $1500 on ANY computer in this day and age is probably a sign you have little connection with reality.

A+ nonsense. :)

Uh, what? The Retina Macbook Pro I bought is a desktop replacement class, while being completely mobile and portable with battery life upwards of 7 hours.

It can do serious video editing, photo editing, and can even game on lower settings.

There's just nothing you can buy, PC wise, that is even comparable to a Macbook Pro. FORGET price!

My point is not that the screen on your laptop is useless. My point is that it is not a good deal. Just because you want something and can afford it doesn't make it a good deal. Is a Bentley (as in the car marque) a good deal? They're a lot nicer than a Corolla! But no... they're a terrible deal. But some people will still buy them because they can. But it's still not a good deal.

Depends on what you do... rule out any high end gaming since that GT650M 1GB will not even come close to giving decent frames... or any seriuous graphics design

Besides the display, you can get those specs easily for $1000, and if you actually bothered and put in your own ssd/ram/etc., shave another few hundred off

Did I mention how bad that 1GB GT650M is?

The fact that you couldn't find a PC with competitive specs/price is exactly what makes you the consumer segment that Apple so successfully targets.

You spend $2700 on something that you could have had by buying $1000 worth of Dell Precision Mobile + $100 for 16GB RAM from Newegg + $230 for a 256GB SDD from Newegg for a grand total of $1330. No student discounts were needed to get to that price.

Sure, you would have to settle for 1920x1080 instead of 2880x1800. To me the extra resolution wouldn't be worth $1400 but obviously to you it was. That's not considering that gaming choices are limited at best, which doesn't matter if you don't game.

The fact that you couldn't find a PC with competitive specs/price is exactly what makes you the consumer segment that Apple so successfully targets.

You spend $2700 on something that you could have had by buying $1000 worth of Dell Precision Mobile + $100 for 16GB RAM from Newegg + $230 for a 256GB SDD from Newegg for a grand total of $1330. No student discounts were needed to get to that price.

Sure, you would have to settle for 1920x1080 instead of 2880x1800. To me the extra resolution wouldn't be worth $1400 but obviously to you it was. That's not considering that gaming choices are limited at best, which doesn't matter if you don't game.

That's pretty much it, if you got a $2700 MBP for GAMING, you are a complete idiot.

And still an idiot for anything that requires any good amount of graphics power.

However if you get it for watching movies, etc. and likes looking at a nice display that is portable, well it's your own call to say it's worth that $2700 price tag.

Don't forget zero repair-ability and proprietary non-standard firmware. If I spend $2000 on a laptop, I damn well better have the ability to change the RAM and the battery.

Uh, what? The Retina Macbook Pro I bought is a desktop replacement class, while being completely mobile and portable with battery life upwards of 7 hours.

It can do serious video editing, photo editing, and can even game on lower settings.

There's just nothing you can buy, PC wise, that is even comparable to a Macbook Pro. FORGET price!

If it can't do serious gaming, then it's not a desktop replacement class. I am baffled as to why Apple cripples their laptops with substandard GPUs.

I've heard probably 75% of those statements at work, the biggest ones being "you get what you pay for" and "their quality is better". Laughed hard at this.

That's pretty much it, if you got a $2700 MBP for GAMING, you are a complete idiot.

And still an idiot for anything that requires any good amount of graphics power.

However if you get it for watching movies, etc. and likes looking at a nice display that is portable, well it's your own call to say it's worth that $2700 price tag.

Meh, even for watching movies it's way overpriced.
You can get a freaking giant TV and sound system for less than that, that's what I call watching movies.

ASUS G75VW-NS72

2.6ghz quad Ivy, 16gb ram, 750GB 7200RPM and a 256G SSD, GTX 670M w/3GB of Video RAM for $2,099.99

So competitive in both specs and price. Took all of 5 minutes. :)

Hi we are apple lovers and we love Apple laptops.

http://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Computers-Accessories-Laptop/zgbs/pc/565108

#1 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#2 best seller Apple MacBook Air
#3 best seller Apple MacBook Pro
#5 best seller Apple MacBook Pro

Let the [H]aters RAGE even more!

2dkzk0l.png

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
In before, some people have money to spend on shit, while others don't. People are preaching to the choir. If I want to buy a 60K Benz over a 16K Corolla, and I have MORE than enough cash to blow, I'll do it. Then I'll do it again. Sometimes it comes down to what YOU would be willing to spend, and then if you can actually spend that and not bat an eyelid. What's the point in arguing over whether or not someone over payed on a laptop, a phone, a car...or anything really?

I hate to burst your apple.......

I bought my son a laptop for school with more gear than you list there from Powernotebooks. GTX680M, 16GB Ram, 3.4 Ivy, MSI platform 15" backlit keyboard from SteeleSeries, 750HDD with 90GB SSD cache, under 2000......so yeah, it can be done.

I'm not knocking your Mac purchase at all, don't get me wrong. My daughter has a MacPro and loves it. It's a well made laptop no doubt, but my son amongst other things is a hard core gamer, so preferred W7 based over MacOS.

LOL, I was building custom watercooled gaming PCs before HIgh School. I KNOW my PC shit. :D

Let's try this again: http://configure.us.dell.com/dellst...odel_id=precision-m4700&c=us&l=en&s=bsd&cs=04

Look, it's a trashy plastic box of a Dell (god I've owned enough of these things lol), costs $1568 + $100 + $250 = $1900.

For that, you get a plastic box, crap trackpad, inferior battery life, a craptastic TN display, and weighs over 6lbs. These aren't even CLOSE to being in the same category. I couldn't use this thing everywhere on Campus and then bring it home for desktop use.

There IS a reason why people with money buy Macbook Pros. AT this point in time, nothing even comes close to being competitive.

Back