Micron Interested In Partnering With TSMC?

HardOCP News

[H] News
DigiTimes, citing the usual "anonymous" industry sources, claims that Micron is interested in a partnership with TSMC.

Micron Technology is striving to establish strategic cooperation with Taiwan-based contract chipmakers, according to company CEO Mark Durcan. Companies such as Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Company (TSMC) have been approached by Micron to build potential ties, Durcan said. Industry sources speculate that Micron expects to tie up with TSMC for the development of 3D IC technology and products.

Micron? I haven't heard much about them in a long time. They're like the leftovers of a failed PC OEM.

Micron? I haven't heard much about them in a long time. They're like the leftovers of a failed PC OEM.
I thought their PC business was just a tiny portion of their overall business model even while it lasted. You've probably used Micron products many times since then without even knowing it.

I thought their PC business was just a tiny portion of their overall business model even while it lasted. You've probably used Micron products many times since then without even knowing it.

Yes, they're pretty significant in RAM and flash memory manufacture. IC development and production is most of their business, but it's more funny to call them the leftovers of a failed OEM than it is to note their success elsewhere.

Back