ASUS Debuts “Powered by ASUS” Systems

HardOCP News

[H] News
Working closely with its custom system integration partners, ASUS today formally launched its Powered by ASUS (PBA) program in North America. Powered by ASUS brings consumers familiar with the performance, design and reliability of ASUS components together with trusted system integrators. This program creates a new category of build-to-order PCs offering unique configurations that are stability tested and performance optimized with class leading ASUS components.

Timothy Lin, Director of Product Management at ASUS summed up the reasoning behind the new program by explaining “There are a lot of hardware enthusiasts and ASUS fans out there that do not build their own PCs, but want additional performance and features typically not available in off-the-shelf systems. Recognizing this opportunity we worked closely with the system integrators in developing the Powered by ASUS program. This unique program offers consumers the ability to custom configure a system utilizing a wide variety of high-quality ASUS components.”

System integrators that participate in the Powered by ASUS program offer custom configurations utilizing multiple ASUS components. The expansive list of available ASUS components includes motherboards, graphics cards, sound cards, optical disc drives, headsets, wireless routers, USB wireless adapters and monitors. ASUS encourages system integrators to utilize various hardware combinations based on their customers’ needs. This program highlights not only the benefits of using multiple ASUS components together in one system, but also the capabilities and expertise of each authorized system builder.

Yeah I actually love the logo.. wish I could put it on this round of flyers i'm doing up but since we don't charge 200% markup asus didn't ask us to be part of the program :p or so it seems with the list they did partner with.

The logo does look cool indeed but I hope they have a squared version of it for the case badge. Not sure if I want a rectangular sticker standing out on my case.

Yeah I actually love the logo.. wish I could put it on this round of flyers i'm doing up but since we don't charge 200% markup asus didn't ask us to be part of the program :p or so it seems with the list they did partner with.

Who's "us?"

The red thing kind of looks like an L, so it reads "Powered by Lasus"...which is like lasers...

The red thing kind of looks like an L, so it reads "Powered by Lasus"...which is like lasers...

I think it looks more like a T which would make it Tasus...or Taze us....

I like kinky electrified clamps as much as the next person, but I'm not sure I want that kinda thing to crossover outside the bedroom and into day-to-day computing. :(

So asus is mass effect?

13468546461LpXQip2MX_1_1_l.jpg

Mass_Effect_3_Game_Cover.jpg

looks similar

As someone who has had to deal with ASUS RMA dept., I would run away from any PC with this logo on it :/ ASUS cares very little for the satisfaction of their customers after the fact.

just a small time system builder... but for 12 years we've used nothing but asus for most components, especially the motherboard.

Well, then that makes sense. All of the above companies are nationally known and advertised, and are seen in mainstream reviews. Not sure what the ROI would be for Asus to try to reach out to every mom and pop builder out there...

As someone who has had to deal with ASUS RMA dept., I would run away from any PC with this logo on it :/ ASUS cares very little for the satisfaction of their customers after the fact.

...and the point of the prebuilt system is that you wouldn't have to deal directly with an Asus RMA department.

...and the point of the prebuilt system is that you wouldn't have to deal directly with an Asus RMA department.

I suppose you're right, but I choose to support companies with my money, and definitely not support companies who clearly don't care about their customers. That includes staying away from their products wherever they may be.

You in the same league as those companies? Please link me your site, I will be the judge :D

No were not in the same league, but Nvidia, AMD, Intel, when they do something like this they open it to *ALL* resellers. I can login to the reseller portal and download the flyers in PSD with spots to drop our company logo, along with website graphics & ads to slip into rotation, I can also order free promotional material for the store.

If Asus is really trying to push Powered by Asus they need to do the same (hell they already have the portal site).... not this limited selection of companies that no one who actually cares about what is in there computer would buy from, considering the markups they use.

No were not in the same league, but Nvidia, AMD, Intel, when they do something like this they open it to *ALL* resellers. I can login to the reseller portal and download the flyers in PSD with spots to drop our company logo, along with website graphics & ads to slip into rotation, I can also order free promotional material for the store.

If Asus is really trying to push Powered by Asus they need to do the same (hell they already have the portal site).... not this limited selection of companies that no one who actually cares about what is in there computer would buy from, considering the markups they use.
Seems to me they're targetting the large boutique-style companies to test the waters. This is a new thing for them so naturally they're going to be selective at first.

If Asus is really trying to push Powered by Asus they need to do the same (hell they already have the portal site).... not thiimited selection of companies that no one who actually cares about what is in there computer would buy from, considering the markups they use.

This is not the same as what the other companies do. You cannot compare AIBs to NVIDIA, AMD, and Intel.

Out of curiosity, what level Intel channel partner are you? You must realize that this is a volume based game. Sell more product, get more attention. That, and marketability. Make a splash in the media and you might get some attention. So obviously people do care about these companies or otherwise they wouldn't be bigger than you.

Back