FBI Denies Antisec Hack Claims

HardOCP News

[H] News
Dang, this is a tough one. Is the government lying or are the hackers that publicized millions of Apple UDIDs and the associated information lying?

"The FBI is aware of published reports alleging that an FBI laptop was compromised and private data regarding Apple UDIDs was exposed," said an FBI spokesperson. "At this time there is no evidence indicating that an FBI laptop was compromised or that the FBI either sought or obtained this data."

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

FBI had noting to do with it. That is of course until the hackers prove them wrong. Which will lead us to...

2. PAIN & GUILT

in defense of the article, Frank Heidt actually gave a reasonable question "Why only Apple? It makes no sense."

it seems it is plausible that the data was directly given to someone in #Antisec, for whatever reason that is

>Government lying about information being stolen on a laptop

They fucking serious? Do I have to remind them that a -UNLOCKED AND UNENCRYPTED- laptop which contained -DETAILED- information on how to build nuclear power plants and -BOMBS- was stolen at a airport? Or do I just keep laughing because expecting the government to understand technology is fucking stupid?

1. SHOCK & DENIAL

FBI had noting to do with it. That is of course until the hackers prove them wrong. Which will lead us to...

2. PAIN & GUILT

Or dushey hackers being dushy, some apple genius took the data and said he got it off the fbi because he wants friends.

Or dushey hackers being dushy, some apple genius took the data and said he got it off the fbi because he wants friends.

must be referring to the apple genius that claimed for years the apple couldn't get a virus or be hacked until the dushey hackers got board and proved them wrong....multiple times.

Why would Antisec release $uch valuable information and not keep in on the down low?

If hackers really want to do the world some good they should do an information dump of Tepco's servers, posting anything related to Fukushima or any other nuke facilites damaged on March 11th, 2011.

I thought the original story was weird.

1. Why would the FBI care about this information
2. Why would it be on a laptop
3. Why would antisec care about it, let alone know it exists?

I guessed off the bat this was some information file dumped on their doorstep, elaborate story behind it, created some US entitiy to blame for it, then tried to be a hero by "erasing sensitive" information.

I guessed off the bat this was some information file dumped on their doorstep, elaborate story behind it, created some US entitiy to blame for it, then tried to be a hero by "erasing sensitive" information.

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039107818&postcount=4

At this time there is no evidence indicating that an FBI laptop was compromised or that the FBI either sought or obtained this data.

I read that they're not DENYING it. They are saying there is no evidence, and I assume they mean aside from hearsay. Evidence is the FBI's business; seems like they'd have an easy time covering it up if they really wanted.

>Government lying about information being stolen on a laptop

They fucking serious? Do I have to remind them that a -UNLOCKED AND UNENCRYPTED- laptop which contained -DETAILED- information on how to build nuclear power plants and -BOMBS- was stolen at a airport? Or do I just keep laughing because expecting the government to understand technology is fucking stupid?[/QUOTE]

THATS AN UNDERSTATEMENTS, I'D SAY ITS BETWEEN RETARDED AND UTTER IMBECIL-NESS ;)

oops caps :D

ktk...you are an idiot. The only information the US leaks on purpose is misleading information.

That being said, I can see both sides here: Hackers could have compromised an encrypted laptop, but they would have to have inside information to do it (like decryption keys) -OR- some petty theif at Apple (which is what Apple staff is mostly composed of) is trying to make a name for themselves.

One thing is for sure, the person who released this data will have a hard life from this point on.

I hate to say it, but I appreciate blackhat hackers that leak information. It's the only way to give retards a kick in the balls that there more shit to worry about other than fucking up our first 10 amendments. But whatever, bash me on that one. Information leaks of classified information equates to --> Changes. Yes, change. You know, change you can ACTUALLY believe in! :p

Everyone needs someone to keep them honest, too much power will always corrupt.

#1- to track U.S. citizens and activity.
#2- probably just 1 of many copys, and why not on a laptop ??
#3- to let the masses who are for the most part sheep know that the gov aint the good guys anymore.(havent been since the 1950's.

An Apple employee with an non-released Apple device and an AntiSec hacker walk into a bar....:p

I read that they're not DENYING it. They are saying there is no evidence, and I assume they mean aside from hearsay. Evidence is the FBI's business; seems like they'd have an easy time covering it up if they really wanted.

It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.

Anyway you look at it this hurts Apple, and that is the point.

I have heard people say Antisec is acting for the FBI ...bullshit because why would they hurt merica?

Apple can take a well deserved punishment, big grin on my face :D

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1039107639&postcount=24

Answer:
They know which apps you download and use. Which songs you download, which movies you download, which photos. The later could contain encrypted info for criminial activity.

The former (program usage) could be used to determine intent or a possible way to breech your i Device through a security hack.

The United States has one of the highest incarceration rates of any industrialized nation. We are quickly becoming a police state where people are guilty until proven innocent all in the name of paranoia. :-(

And all this paranoia did real good at stopping that bomber in NYC last year didn't it?

http://www.tv.com/shows/star-trek-deep-space-nine/paradise-lost-2-20899/

We don't just have "one of" the highest incarceration rates out of industrialized nations alone. We have THE single highest known incarceration rate in the entire world.

Would the FBI and Apple admit it even if Apple gave IDs to the FBI? Either way they will deny it.

Back