Tokyo Court Rejects Apple Patent Claim Against Samsung

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Finally some good news for Samsung: The Tokyo courts sided with Samsung and ruled that the company did not infringe on an Apple patent concerning music and video syncing and that the two technologies used were not the same.
Apple will have 30 days to appeal this latest Japan ruling. But this may only be the beginning of the struggle between the two companies in Japan.

Wow, that's another one that didn't follow US' example.

Not too surprising though.

I have a feeling that japan has much greater concerns than two phone manufacturers right now, like 100+ tons of aerosolized radioisotopes spread around a third of their country.

/what they need is a smartphone which is a dosimeter and survey instrument, or one that can remove Uranium, Plutonium, Cesium, Cobalt, and Strontium from their air or water.

Tokyo is hot and getting hotter with every passing minute. Poor bastards, but then, it circles the globe once every 40 days. (Since 3/11/11)

lot's of things have round corners, lcd monitors , calculators, dvd cases..... surprisingly not alot of lcd tvs have rounded corner...
it's time for apple to get cracking!

Wow, that's another one that didn't follow US' example.

Not too surprising though.

Actually, the US didn't follow the example of a few other countries first.

Then again not surprising that the US found them guilty since the trial was done in Apple's backyard and the foreman a guy who swayed the vote in the patents favor because "he knew the patent system". :rolleyes:

Would love to have seen the faces on Samsung executives faces and Apple executives faces when they heard the jurors state shit like "we didn't follow the instructions" or "ignored prior art." Cook probably threw a Jobs-like tirade. ;)

I have a feeling that japan has much greater concerns than two phone manufacturers right now, like 100+ tons of aerosolized radioisotopes spread around a third of their country.

/what they need is a smartphone which is a dosimeter and survey instrument, or one that can remove Uranium, Plutonium, Cesium, Cobalt, and Strontium from their air or water.

Tokyo is hot and getting hotter with every passing minute. Poor bastards, but then, it circles the globe once every 40 days. (Since 3/11/11)

Two things:

1. Now I feel super sad for Japan hearing this (which I didn't know).

2. What the hell are you reading that I should be?

Anyway, back OT....F**k Apple!

Two things:

Holy shit, I was thinking the same thing. I was just about to start searching for info but figured I'd finish reading the thread first.

This is how it should be, several judges decide on the matter, not one "know it all" bozo with a patent, who doesn't read instructions or review prior art (or know anything about patents either apparently), strong arming the rest of the jury to follow his lead.

Actually, the US didn't follow the example of a few other countries first.

Then again not surprising that the US found them guilty since the trial was done in Apple's backyard and the foreman a guy who swayed the vote in the patents favor because "he knew the patent system". :rolleyes:

Would love to have seen the faces on Samsung executives faces and Apple executives faces when they heard the jurors state shit like "we didn't follow the instructions" or "ignored prior art." Cook probably threw a Jobs-like tirade. ;)
It's not like this is a " we won't follow your example if you don't follow ours" scenario. At least it shouldn't be. (Kind of messed up if it isn't without any sort of thought) so it shouldn't matter if the US didn't or not.

So it was decided by a judge in Japan? Maybe we should get rid of jury trials for complex patent cases.

Two things:

http://enenews.com/

But it all comes in drips and drabs, half truths, and omissions, so you have to just stay advised and use some reason to find the truths. Scary shit, the known, and the unknown.

So it was decided by a judge in Japan? Maybe we should get rid of jury trials for complex patent cases.

US Judges can pretty much do that already if something doesn't go the way they want it to.

You sound like one of those "awake" folk. Don't be talkin' about real shit that matters.....concern yourself more with the trivial materialistic garbage instead. Atleast that's what I keep gettin' told! :(

You sound like one of those "awake" folk. Don't be talkin' about real shit that matters.....concern yourself more with the trivial materialistic garbage instead. Atleast that's what I keep gettin' told! :(

There, there, now. Repeat this phrase three times, click your heels, and everything will be O.K.

"Natural background Radiation, Natural Background Radiation, Natural Background Radiation."

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

There, there, now. Repeat this phrase three times, click your heels, and everything will be O.K.

"Natural background Radiation, Natural Background Radiation, Natural Background Radiation."

;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLCF7vPanrY

I was told by many know it all types (this boards included) that nuclear energy is the safest form of energy in the world and anyone against it is just a tin-foil hat wearing hippie and should get a proper "edumacation" to fully understand the situation.

So with that said, I must be all for nuclear energy even if it ruins the planet beyond repair for human life to exist because I must fit in with the current social norm. Nuclear power is the best! Go Nuc! Every citizen should have their own mini nuclear reactor too.

/sarcasm

US Judges can pretty much do that already if something doesn't go the way they want it to.

They can set aside a verdict, but the whole thing just starts over again. Often enough, with a different judge.

I was told by many know it all types (this boards included) that nuclear energy is the safest form of energy in the world and anyone against it is just a tin-foil hat wearing hippie and should get a proper "edumacation" to fully understand the situation.

So with that said, I must be all for nuclear energy even if it ruins the planet beyond repair for human life to exist because I must fit in with the current social norm. Nuclear power is the best! Go Nuc! Every citizen should have their own mini nuclear reactor too.

/sarcasm

Two other cool ones which we can thank them for,

1) "Smoking causes cancer."

The reality,

No fn wonder. Y'all covered everything on the globe with isotopes. What do you think happens when you burn something covered in isotopes and inhale it? Smoking causes cancer......

2) "Get your home checked for Radon."

The reality,

Radon ( /ˈreɪdɒn/ RAY-don) is a chemical element with symbol Rn and atomic number 86. It is a radioactive, colorless, odorless, tasteless[1] noble gas, occurring naturally as the decay product of uranium or thorium. Its most stable isotope, 222Rn, has a half-life of 3.8 days. Radon is one of the densest substances that remains a gas under normal conditions. It is also the only gas under normal conditions that only has radioactive isotopes, and is considered a health hazard due to its radioactivity. Intense radioactivity has also hindered chemical studies of radon and only a few compounds are known.

Get your home checked for Radon...........No shit! After all those bombs, accidents, and even the production cycle...........

Not saying that Uranium, and Radon are not naturally occurring. But damn, there hasn't been such as thing as natural background radiation since the 40's. Come on now. And all of the plutonium which exists on the planet is 100% man made.

Back