New “Command Line” Developer Toolbar in Firefox 16

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Firefox 15 barely has a foot out of the door and Firefox 16 Beta is right on its heels. The most outstanding feature on the beta is the new command line toolbar. Firefox 16 has presently reached Aurora Status.

That's great and all, but I've been using chrome since Firefox 13 or so came out. Sure, they keep adding features, but Firefox is not the clean and fast browser anymore... It feels so buggy... I don't know... Perhaps when they release Firefox 30 in a few more weeks, I'll try it again...

What are they trying to accomplish with the fast version number changes?
Each version is not really a "new" version. Its more of a fix. FF should only still be at version 4.2.6.5996.22

When the make a correction to a spelling error in a menu, we'll have Firefox 17. Expect that three days after the release of 16. :)

Still use ie9 as my primary browser. Fire fox never excited me much..... Only thing I liked was the noscript extension which I use still if browsing anywhere unfamiliar.

Not sure why people complain so much about Firefox. Other than the rapid release versions they do for obvious reasons, I haven't had any problems with it.

Not sure why people complain so much about Firefox. Other than the rapid release versions they do for obvious reasons, I haven't had any problems with it.

You're not allowed to have a problem-free experience with it! Because of version number incrementation, you are obligated to become angry and to experience frequent crashes, suffer from paralyzing memory leaks, and unsightly baldness.

Acutally, I use Firefox in conjuction with Linux (version 14 at the moment). It doesn't have any extensions installed, not even Flash, but it seems perfectly okay except that it eats a lot of RAM after I use it for a few hours. I admit that the version numbering is pretty strange of Mozilla though. It's like they're smoking crack or something.

That's great and all, but I've been using chrome since Firefox 13 or so came out. Sure, they keep adding features, but Firefox is not the clean and fast browser anymore... It feels so buggy... I don't know... Perhaps when they release Firefox 30 in a few more weeks, I'll try it again...

I've been using chrome since they allowed extensions (version 4) (firefox 3.0.x days).

Haven't looked back.

You're not allowed to have a problem-free experience with it! Because of version number incrementation, you are obligated to become angry and to experience frequent crashes, suffer from paralyzing memory leaks, and unsightly baldness.

^Exactly what he said, except without the sarcastic tone.

I've never touched Chrome.. have it installed, but still don't use it. I'm familiar with FF and have used it so long.. there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.

I wish i could still use Chrome. But because for some reason it likes to choke on some sites (in other words it says "Site is unavailable" on second visit if the site set a cookie), it is unusable for now. So i had to return to Firefox.

I use Firefox on my work PCs (because it's the only other browser they allow to install, and even then you need to request special permission so IT can actually download and install it for you since their download servers are blocked.) But then I also can't even update or install extensions because of that same reason, and it seemed only a few months ago I requested to be updated to FF12.

At home I just use Chrome since it's sleeker & more responsive, and still has handy extensions & plugins.

Other than the rapid release versions they do for obvious reasons, I haven't had any problems with it.

Obvious to whom, exactly?

Getting this thread back on subject

that screenshot command is actually somewhat useful.

Am I the only one annoyed by the way the narrator pronounces Add-ons -- "e`duns"

Been using FireFox since it was first released and I haven't seen a reason to switch to Chrome. Especially because FireFox is on everything, from Windows, Linux, and my Android. You can't say that for Chrome, where on Linux it's usually known as Chromium, which isn't exactly Chrome. On Android you need Ice Cream Sandwich, for some reason, and it's buggy as hell. Chrome for Windows was extremely buggy in the beginning, but I don't know how much that's changed since I rarely use it since. FireFox works on everything just perfectly, which makes it easier to transition from one platform to another. Especially if you have sync setup.

I really don't understand the whole circle jerk around Chrome.

I don't understand the huge fascination with Chrome either... I guess it's "faster" than FireFox.. but FF has never felt slow or sluggish to me, so I haven't needed to care about Chrome.

I don't understand the huge fascination with Chrome either... I guess it's "faster" than FireFox.. but FF has never felt slow or sluggish to me, so I haven't needed to care about Chrome.

I don't see all the fuss either. Both are great browsers and the speed difference is minimal at best. Do you really think you're seeing that 50ms difference or is it just a placebo effect? People who complain about the version numbering and praise Chrome really should reevaluate their argument. Also, In my experience FF usually is more memory efficient.

Back