Hulu Plus Subscription Free for One Month

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Hulu Plus is recruiting new customers for its service and is making it easy to get hooked with a free month’s access. Catch up on shows you have missed or explore new shows you’ve not had access to for free. As we always say, free is good. :D

Instead of the usual one week, you can test-drive the service for a full month -- even if you've already done a trial in the past.

Let me guess, even though its free for a month, for some reason they still need your billing info in advance.... PASS!!!

Let me guess, even though its free for a month, for some reason they still need your billing info in advance.... PASS!!!

Yes, that's typically how trials work. They want you to buy their product after testing.

Not working well at all on my mobile device (SGN). Feeding
data through a wireless network too. Selection of content is horrific as well.

You still have to watch their asstastic commercials.

Not Worth It.

If I was going to pay, I'd be paying for no commercials.

Yeah, yeah "premium content" blah blah blah blah.

Never mind most of their "premium" stuff is for shit.

No thanks.

The lady got us a 1 year subscription to Hulu+. We watch some stuff on it--more Netflix than Hulu at this point. The biggest annoyance is that Hulu+ only gets you extra content (when available). It doesn't get you removed commercials. Then again, when Hulu is owned by cable companies, what else would you expect...?

I will say, though, that despite the lack of content on the mobile platforms, I feel that the video quality on a lot of Hulu content is better than what Netflix provides. Now, I personally don't really care all that much about video quality, but some do.

Might try this out, just to see how feasible/nice it'd look over my current bandwidth, doesn't look like fiber is coming here anytime soon so might be stuck with 6Mbps.

You still have to watch their asstastic commercials.

Not Worth It.

If I was going to pay, I'd be paying for no commercials.

Yeah, yeah "premium content" blah blah blah blah.

Never mind most of their "premium" stuff is for shit.

No thanks.

People have to do this on XBL too. Yet people love it.

Yes, that's typically how trials work. They want you to buy their product after testing.
Not any reputable trial. A reputable trial lets you try it out, and then if you like it, they take your billing info.

A scam-trial period is one in which they take your billing info in advance, offer you no warning before your trial ends, and hope a good percentage forget to cancel in time and get auto-billed.

People have to do this on XBL too. Yet people love it.

And what was that quote mis-attributed to P.T. Barnum?

Something having to do with gullible people, a reproductive process, and a measure of time?

Not any reputable trial. A reputable trial lets you try it out, and then if you like it, they take your billing info.

A scam-trial period is one in which they take your billing info in advance, offer you no warning before your trial ends, and hope a good percentage forget to cancel in time and get auto-billed.

I honestly can't think of any trial I've ever signed up for that didn't require billing info up front beyond demo software.

I had a 2 month free trial from Xbox Live. Canceled it though. There were a few neat things on there, but most of it I don't care to see, or I already can view it on Netflix.

This. Exactly this.

Yeah because Amazon never did this with their Prime service... Luckily I caught the $79 charge (or whatever it was) on my credit card bill, contacted Amazon, charges were reversed.

My wife and I did a trial of Hulu Plus in the past and it just wasn't worth it. I was never able to find anything to watch on it, and when my wife did, they gave us the same ad like 15 times throughout the whole show.

Netflix has content I'm more likely to watch. The TED Talks stuff they added is pretty interesting.

I was never able to find anything to watch on it, and when my wife did, they gave us the same ad like 15 times throughout the whole show.
That is why I dropped regular cable television. It may be normal, but I just made a decision that I am not going to pay to watch commercials.

The XBL gold membership requirement to access other pay services just infuriates me. But, like someone mentioned, people pay for it. Idiots.

I don't mind the commercials so much on Hulu+. I don't agree that they should be forced on paying subscribers though. I don't like seeing ads at the friggin movie theater either though. Babies are going to be born with ads pretty soon. Stupid capitalism.

Babies are going to be born with ads pretty soon. Stupid capitalism.
Well the beauty of capitalism is that consumers drive the market. If there were more consumers like us that refuse to pay to watch advertisements, then the market would respond accordingly.

Unfotunately, it means most people are so addicted that they are readily willing to put up with it than go without, the way a meth addict accepts the side-effects.

JUST SAY NO! :D

PEEEEEEUKE!
Most of the content they carry is aimed at chimpanzees.

I stream with Netflix (selection could be better) but mainly is all I watch are PBS and history channel documentaries I missed over the years.
I decided to watch the last two season of the X-Files which was after David Ducovny departed the show. I quit watching it on TV way back when. Thought it just wan't be the same without him; but it is OK.
Was poking around list now and found the ORIGINAL Mission Impossible TV series. One of my favorites when I was a kid. TV shows from 40 years ago are 100% better than the trash on now a days.

its been said but I will repeat it.

HULU, I WILL NOT PAY TO WATCH COMMERCIALS!!!!

either offer free with them or pay for without. quit being douches

So they want you to pay for a monthly service and still throw ads in your face? Never liked that model. I like these better:

Free + Ads
Nonfree + No ads

Since you've already taken advantage of a Hulu Plus free trial, we're unable to offer you another free trial at this time. You will be charged $7.99 per month, starting today.

Back