1 Terabyte of Data Will Be Sent Daily During Conventions

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Cisco estimates that the Republican and Democratic convention being held over the next two weeks will generate a Terabyte of data each day through emails, Tweets, blogs, video, mobile Internet and what have you. Cisco says it has it handled comfortably, thank you. You go, Cisco. :D

“The networks will support traffic for more than 20,000 participants and attendees. Each project requires over 70 miles of copper for LAN customers and more than 50 miles of fiber for the infrastructure.

I would imagine the volume of hot air is a much more impressive number at the Republican National Convention. ;)

I would imagine the volume of hot air is a much more impressive number at the Republican National Convention. ;)

There's politicians at both conventions though, so the volume of hot air should be about equal between the two.

Good time to beta test Stellar Wind doncha think fellas?

only 1tb a day?

i would have thought it would be more

Pretty certain all this proves is how far behind the times politicians are.
The building I work in easily surpasses that daily, 1 major advertising firm, 2 patent firms, 4 legal offices, 2 software firms, and 9 floors of Oracle including a server farm.

thats a decent amount of pr0n

A release of an Apple product probably results in more data usage.

thats because more people care about an iOS update than the president of the USofA

Hey man, iOS updates are SERIOUS business. I just found out I don't get my Google Maps anymore and now I gotta download it from the app store. That is A LOT of work.

1 TB of data in a day is not even news. WE DC++ 6 TB a day without even trying at lan parties.

Back