AOL to Buy Back $600M in Stock

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
On Monday, AOL Inc. reported the company will be buying back $600m in stock and declared a dividend to stockholders of $5.15 per share. The financing for this move came from the sale of 800 patents for a total of $1.1Billion last spring.

AOL had been under pressure for some time to do something with their patent portfolio. Speculation suggests that investors are responsible for convincing AOL to make the sale and in turn, return the money back to them.

Well with the release of windows 8, I think AOL may be receiving some royalties from the design interface?

aol-windows-8.jpg

Well with the release of windows 8, I think AOL may be receiving some royalties from the design interface?

aol-windows-8.jpg

I miss the AOL games download section. I wonder if the repository is still up.

One of the flaws that have lead to the downfall of America, this should be ILLEGAL. :mad:

You have extra cash.... cough up a dividend, all of it, to the STOCKHOLDERS. :cool:

Buying the companies stock back with stockholder monies is insane. :rolleyes:

The three AOL stockholders each received $5.15, the lawyers got 500 million and the "company " kept 600 million dollars.;)

AOL is a worthless entity, not to mention witrhoutr ethics. It's amazing anyone still wants that garbage on their computers. May the earth swallow the entire thing, and staff, very soon.

Back