Nikola Tesla Docudrama in the Works

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We all know the name Tesla for its electric car brand, but what do we know about the genius behind the company name. Wil Cashen intends to enlighten the masses on Nikola Tesla: his life accomplishments and his overlooked work on many of the technologies we still use today and possibly into the future.

“It’s time for him to shine,” she said, citing several incidents in which the obsessive-compulsive Tesla got cheated out of profits and patents. “This is a dude that got screwed and didn’t get a penny for any of his patents. That’s where our passion comes in.”

What happened with The Oatmeal's fundraiser was quite shocking, to say the least, that even indiegogo made charts/tables to show exactly how much was raised in a short span of time.

And Tesla was really an "electric" personality, unlike his contemporary Edison. As I have read somewhere, Edison was a businessman that happened to be an inventor as well, Tesla was the pure inventor.

Edison had an army of engineers working for him who did most of the actual research and inventing.

Edison was a businessman that happened to be an inventor as well, Tesla was the pure inventor.

Tesla's understanding of physics made him more than just an inventor. I can't think of many things as simple and as important as the Tesla coil.

What happened with The Oatmeal's fundraiser was quite shocking, to say the least, that even indiegogo made charts/tables to show exactly how much was raised in a short span of time.

And Tesla was really an "electric" personality, unlike his contemporary Edison. As I have read somewhere, Edison was a businessman that happened to be an inventor as well, Tesla was the pure inventor.

Tesla has been the average electrical hacker/engineer's saint, well before the Oatmeal made it well known. It was just one of those things you'll love to talk about with normal people but you know they probably wouldn't get it simply because if they do recognize he name they only remember the coil or band.

I wonder if it will have a bit about how he created the tesla coil. Then the Tesla tank and the Tesla troopers. Then maybe a little look at the MAD tank and Iron Curtain.

I love the theory that Tesla might be responsible for the Tunguska blast.

Every electrical device today exists because of Tesla's work. That wireless network you're on? Tesla. Remote-controlled car? Tesla. The motor that makes your air conditioner run and your electric mixer? Tesla. AC power transmission? Tesla.

Oh, and he loved pigeons, too.

Edison was a businessman that happened to be an inventor as well, Tesla was the pure inventor.

Edison was like Steve Jobs in a lot of ways, both were bullshit-artists and had lots of money and power.
Just imagine what the world would have been like under Tesla's inventions instead of the restrictions that Edison forced upon us.

The Prestige and David Bowie.

Done.

I remember schooling the friends I went to see it with on the war of the currents, and telling them about Edison electrocuting elephants and other animals to discredit Westinghouse and Tesla. They all thought that it was made up like the rest of the story.

I remember schooling the friends I went to see it with on the war of the currents, and telling them about Edison electrocuting elephants and other animals to discredit Westinghouse and Tesla. They all thought that it was made up like the rest of the story.

Sorry to say it, but your friends are, how shall I put this... kind of stupid. :eek: :p

Just normal people that don't have a background in electronics. You have to remember the things in the film like wireless power, a teleportation machine and magic tricks. They knew who Edison was and a little about Tesla but they had no idea about the smear campaign or how he was actually working on wireless power and free energy and so forth. I enjoyed that part of the film more than the main plot.

The car company is shit, fuck that sack of shit.... :mad:

Tesla was a god, one of the top 5 most brilliant humans to have ever lived. ;)

BOW DOWN unworthy masses. :cool:

Back