Sony Wants To Make Skipping Ads More Interactive

HardOCP News

[H] News
Is it just me or does it look like the man in the diagram below is doing "the wave" to skip a McDonald's commercial? McDonald's and other advertisers to sue in 3...2...1. :)

I think the reason they allow this is because by acknowledging what the commercial is about, is enough to satisfy advertisers. The whole point of a commercial is to imprint a product into your head, and what better way then to have people screw McDonalds to their TV.

I like the idea of getting Torrents, which are automatically commercial free. No need to screw at my TV like a moron.

the only action I am willing to do is to give my middle finger to skip a commercial

I don't have a T.V. service and never have had one in my name. I actually see this as sad because this will make people start to pay attention to the commercial just to be able to skip it embedding the product or company into your brain than just muting and getting a glass of water.

The article started with "We all know adverts are a necessary evil" and I immediately thought "bullshit".

Commercials are there because the broadcast industries are fucking greedy.

I wonder if this interactive interface negate interaction when you use extra words, like "fuck McDonald's!"

>Goto zero punctuation four weeks ago
>Try to load video
>refuses to load
>Spend 20 minutes trying to figure out whats wrong
>Open video in IE
>Works ASAP, but displays a 45 fucking second commercial about fucking toothpaste before it starts
>Watch video hyper fucking annoyed, since then just download ZP's reviews off fucking youtube

Forcing people to watch ad's is what has fucking driven people away from television, now adblocking websites just refuses to make the content run.

Fuck it, plenty of other ways to get these sites content without getting ad's shoved down my throat

"Oh for fuck's sake we just had a commercial break 8 minutes ago!"

*commercial skipped*

"hey this isn't half bad!"

Brilliant idea, because it forces you to recognize the ad, which enforces advertising and gets you back to the program. Good old positive reinforcement. The sheep are lead to the slaughter unknowingly. Also, people still watch TV?

Please say "I promise to buy one and hope to die!" to skip this ad ...

How long before someone creates a device that quietly auto responds to these commercials?

How about this for interaction? I tell you I don't want to see any of your ads, and you don't show them to me.

Seriously, they have to pay for their shows somehow. But they *really* need to figure out a different revenue stream than interrupting the show, to pitch a product to you that you likely have zero interest in buying.

My guess this would only be used to make you skip through even more commercials during the allotted time for commercial events, even if it's streamed media as in the described PS3 example.

I don't have a T.V. service and never have had one in my name. I actually see this as sad because this will make people start to pay attention to the commercial just to be able to skip it embedding the product or company into your brain than just muting and getting a glass of water.

I guess you never saw a commercial or ad either? Not even in youtube, hulu, netflix...etc... With your logic, should we just get rid of companies that advertise?

How about this for interaction? I tell you I don't want to see any of your ads, and you don't show them to me.

Seriously, they have to pay for their shows somehow. But they *really* need to figure out a different revenue stream than interrupting the show, to pitch a product to you that you likely have zero interest in buying.

That would be too expensive, as they would have to add anouther 30 minutes of content in every hour of a show.

Commercial saturation has killed television but television is just giving it's audience what it wants - Ignorant programs inundated with commercial advertisements.

Television is pandering to ignoramuses.

A microphone on your television to record your conversations. Not suspicious at all.

I guess you never saw a commercial or ad either? Not even in youtube, hulu, netflix...etc... With your logic, should we just get rid of companies that advertise?

Netflix is ad-free just so you know.

Back