Sleeping Dogs PC Demo

I almost missed this game. Found it when just scanning the Steam store, watched the Trailer and thought I'd give it a shot. Been playing this game a few days now. I really like it. Really good Hong Kong atmosphere and I actually like the music in the game. I normally turn music all the way off in games as I find it mostly distracting and mostly not matching the game at all for my tastes. This one was different in that regard.

This game does something funny in the settings regarding FSAA. There are 3 settings. The top two combine FXAA and SSAA. They are both really heavy hitters. The 1st setting disables SSAA and is the smoothest to play. Don't know why they combined them like that instead of having separate setting for them. To get medium or high FXAA you have to take the SSAA with it. Mouse movement takes a little getting used to, it's not real tight movement. Other than that, I'm having a blast playing it.

It's come up a lot so let me reassure everyone about this:

The demo is for an early part of the game where they deliberately have some rails on you to get you warmed up. That doesn't last long and you never see those rails again.

The final game has also already benefited from an over gig's worth patch as of a few days ago.

For me, Sleeping Dogs is the best game of 2012 I've personally played thus far. If you are even remotely into GTA like games you'll love this game.

I too downloaded this one on a whim. So far I have about 12 hours into it according to Steam. I am thoroughly enjoying it so far. Someone mentioned how the mouse controls are a little loose. I too am used to using the mouse to steer my character but I got used to using the keys real quick and now it does not bother me at all.

played the demo , liked it , but would have been better with a driving section.

demo sold me tho :)

i wish however the game put more detail in the night market and not have so much repeats. asian night market is a big part of asian culture. I don't get why there is no such thing in the states most likely due to government regulations and stuff but it really makes the night life great and not just about going to bars and clubs at night or hanging out at someone house.

My favorite game of the year thus far. Visuals are very crisp even without AA and the sound production as well as voice acting is excellent. Great story and characters, too!

30 hours in and I'm starting another run, haha. I just want to do that free-running all day long. It is so damn cool

so far some good games came out this year. max payne 3 and sleeping dogs.

Just ignore the fact the graphics look like Call of Duty 2.
The reason these people have as much facial texture as Luigi in Super Mario Brothers is because they're Asian right? Asians have timeless faces right?

(Please pardon the sterotyping. Using sarcasam to make a point.)

While I'll agree that the faces could be better the rest of the world is goddamn pretty. And really, CoD2? You couldn't possibly be bothered to come up with a something that is actually comparable?

Seems ok, but yeah mouse controls very wonky. And forgive me, but does''t batman have better hand to hand? Maybe I'm not used to it yet, but it doesn't seem to have as many moves? Maybe you get them later.

Got the full version game, in the full version you can download a free high resolution Texture Pack DLC, I recommend everyone download this if you have the full game, has much improved texture quality, and it's free.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/202181/

The high-resolution texture pack updates the game to a new level, bringing eye-watering detail and crisp clear rendering to everything from city skyscrapers to ancient temples.

You need 1Gb or more graphics memory in order to use the High resolution Texture Pack. Please make sure your system requirements exceed the recommended specs before attempting to install.

When installed, the High Resolution Texture Pack is an option in the game’s graphics settings. Please configure it after installing the Pack.

I am loving this game. Having more fun than I have had with GTA in a while. Also the High def texture pack is a must. This game looks amazing with all the setting jacked up.

People who wants to buy it , its 40$ at greenmangaming with the voucher they announce on the main page

Seems ok, but yeah mouse controls very wonky. And forgive me, but does''t batman have better hand to hand? Maybe I'm not used to it yet, but it doesn't seem to have as many moves? Maybe you get them later.

You get more moves with ability points, and finding the jade statues (after you do the mission with the Kung-Fu lesson, you learn about them). I thought Batman combat and flow was incredible, but I have to say, this is very comparable, if not better at times with the smoothness of the combat.

Business6 said:
While I'll agree that the faces could be better the rest of the world is goddamn pretty. And really, CoD2? You couldn't possibly be bothered to come up with a something that is actually comparable?

Not sure what the hub-bub is, but Call of Duty 2 had really good graphics (still look great today), and honestly, had better looking faces.

I am loving this game. Having more fun than I have had with GTA in a while. Also the High def texture pack is a must. This game looks amazing with all the setting jacked up.

How demanding is that pack? Will my GTX 570 throw out the towel and leave :p

I have not downloaded the texture pack because I am playing on three monitors at 5760x1200. I have two gtx 580's. Is anyone running the high res textures on a multi-monitor setup?

Back