Logitech Makes A Washable Keyboard

My lord, FINALLY another tech head who admits to liking ergonomic keyboards. Thank you, Steve, for letting me know I am not alone in the world

I've been using the Microsoft Comfort Curve Keyboard 2000 since 2007 and it hurts my wrists to type for any amount of time on a normal keyboard now.

My lord, FINALLY another tech head who admits to liking ergonomic keyboards. Thank you, Steve, for letting me know I am not alone in the world

Another user here. In fact, I can't remember when the last time I didn't use an ergonomic keyboard was.

Aren't a lot of keyboards already washable if you dry them out? :s That's what I had heard.

(Not that I'm going to be chucking my $150 keyboard in the dishwasher any time sooon)

My Logitech keyboard is already washable, it even has multiple drain holes through the bottom.

Aren't a lot of keyboards already washable if you dry them out? :s That's what I had heard.

(Not that I'm going to be chucking my $150 keyboard in the dishwasher any time sooon)

Yes. I have done this with many many keyboards, including $100+ mechanical ones. So long as it is 100% dry before you use it again it will be fine. It can take a long time to dry out though.. (2-3days sometimes)

Holy crap, I need to let my boss at work know about these, I work in a hospital lab, you really don't want to know what happens the the keyboards there.... :eek:

+1 on the ergo, took one long week of a lot of wrist pain that let me know that for any length of time at a keyboard I need ergonomics!

That said I'd love a keyboard that had sealed keys, every time I pop mine open to clean looks like a fucking leper was using my computer! I'm still not sure how so much hair gets under something that I don't even lean over. Hell my head is normally a good 2 feet from it at all time.

Holy crap, I need to let my boss at work know about these, I work in a hospital lab, you really don't want to know what happens the the keyboards there.... :eek:

Nothing an alcohol based cleaning cloth won't take care of.

oh it's been a long day.. I read that as you wanted an 'ironic' version... I was like WTF?

I've been washing my keyboards including Logitech ones in the dishwasher for the last decade. I just let them sit for a couple weeks to be on the safe side following their cleaning. Learned that from the Screen Savers show back on TechTV.

Same. Just make sure to not dry them in the dishwasher and to let it sit for a few days to make sure it's dry.

Nothing an alcohol based cleaning cloth won't take care of.

Sorry, but some of the nastier bugs laugh at alcohol, Clostridium difficile or C-diff, is one, soap and water work on it, as well as the more potent not-safe-for-sandwiches type of cleaners like Cavicide.

I've been washing my keyboards including Logitech ones in the dishwasher for the last decade. I just let them sit for a couple weeks to be on the safe side following their cleaning. Learned that from the Screen Savers show back on TechTV.

God I use to love that show.

Some of the keyboards I have to work on could use a good wash, people are pigs :D

God I use to love that show.

Some of the keyboards I have to work on could use a good wash, people are pigs :D

No kidding lol, some of the crap I see is just nasty. I'm no germophone, but man I need to wash my hands after dealing with some of those nasty keyboards sometimes.

Back