ECS Motherboard Shield Concept

It took the whole concept of cooling. And threw it in the garbage.

I don't care how many heat pipes it claims to have to manage heat with.

But on the plus side. Now they can use crappy capacitors and you can't see them leaking. As removing the shroud will no doubt void the warranty.

Next version has a blanket to help absorb the sound of your motherboard cooking.

i find ice cold lemonade really cools things down in the summer. Maybe they could put the motherboard in a large oh yeah Kool Aid sized pitcher of it. Makes almost as much sense.

Who even cares what their motherboard looks like. You put it in the box and plug a buncha stuff into it, then forget its there until you hafta replace it or open the computer to clean out the hair your cat shed into it.

That's stupid. But a bunch of kids that have windows and cable manage like crazy will buy it...

At least you can't see its crappy build quality and low quality componets...

The shroud looks strange, but I can vouch fore the motherboard underneath being a steaming piece of crap - I own an X79R-AX. I bricked the BIOS trying to adjust the CPU voltage down .005v, and ECS says they've never seen one of their boards do what mine is. I guess thats because nobody uses them?

They forgot to put internal headers on... unless they are on the bottom left edge.

Not-Sure-if-serious.jpg

I get it's supposed to mimic the angled body of a F-117, but all I see is air duct paneling.

Must be for the Half-Life Edition.

Its not only me that sees that its a picture of a mother board that has had textured rectangles and triangles photoshop'ed over it, right?

you bought that s754 board ecs made that was $50 and actually OC really well didn't you. Too bad it only lasted 90 days at 450nhz bus.

close, but it was Socket A; didn't overclock, and lasted 1.5 years. The layout was terrible was my biggest peeve.

Posted this idea on TechPowerup! already but:

I think a shroud just for the expansion slot area would be a great idea, especially for aftermarket Video card heatsinks that dump hot air directly in the case.

ncOlE.jpg

Quick and dirty ms paint sketch

No motherboard component can be more than 15mm tall in that area to meet spec; so all you would need is a piece of acrylic or insulated sheet metal on standoffs and you have a separate thermal zone.

This is really more of an idea for case designers rather than mobo manufacturers.

I like the idea of the cover though, like my current sabertooth board in sig. I wish it actually covered more, like the board, but the thing I noticed is only two fan headers showing. Never owned an ECS board, but I would probably buy one if Asus made it, like a sabertooth with more covering....

Ugly. They need airflow solution which draws air over heatsinks and chips with tuned venturi, airslots and active cooling. Don't forget the intake filters. Now that would be progress. I hereby patent this concept.

Yep, and it's funny
Asus does it ...genius.
ECS does it ...hideous.
Looks just like a butt ugly Sabertooth.

I resemble that remark. But, it's all about the implementation. That ECS concept looks like vent ducting as mentioned.

What I don't get is why they don't put a sticker of a woman with generous endowments on it. I mean, if they're doing it for looks why not the look that would appeal to the target audience of teenage boys who know little about computers (hence ECS board) but are driven by sex and women?

like steve said, it's hardly any visible holes in it. and if removing the cover will void the warranty, than......HOW IN THE HACK WE SUPPOSE TO SCREW IT DOWN TO THE CASE ?!?!?!?!?!?

Who even cares what their motherboard looks like. You put it in the box and plug a buncha stuff into it, then forget its there until you hafta replace it or open the computer to clean out the hair your cat shed into it.

This sentiment is the antithesis of everything that has ever been posted on [H].

This sentiment is the antithesis of everything that has ever been posted on [H].

It's true though. If you're messing around with it all the time, then you did something really wrong with it when you were putting it together.

It's true though. If you're messing around with it all the time, then you did something really wrong with it when you were putting it together.
So its wrong to play around with it just to play around with it?:confused:
I'm an enthusiast, I like messing around with things all the time just because I can.

So its wrong to play around with it just to play around with it?:confused:
I'm an enthusiast, I like messing around with things all the time just because I can.

There's so many ways to read that first line that are completely wrong! :) I'm just teasing though. There's nothing wrong with getting it out to play with it if that's your thing. *patpats*

Many of us have windows in our computer cases and the motherboard is plainly visible at all times...

Back