Dunkin’ Donuts Ships Its Own Mobile Pay App

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Taking a business model cue from Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts has released its own barcode scanning system for mobile device payments. The new system works for both iOS and Android systems and will be accepted at over 7k locations throughout the US.

Those comfortable with the Starbucks mobile pay experience will feel right at home inside the Dunkin’ app for iPhone or Android, as there’s an uncanny resemblance between the two apps.

With all these new payment methods isn't it easier to just whip out a credit card? You're going to have to scroll though a list of apps as long as your arm to get the one you need for the special POS machine you have to deal with.

With all these new payment methods isn't it easier to just whip out a credit card? You're going to have to scroll though a list of apps as long as your arm to get the one you need for the special POS machine you have to deal with.

but then you don't get to feel as hip

Depends ... sometimes when I am out for a run or walk I have my phone handy but I might only take a drivers license with me for ID and not any credit cards or cash ... it might be convenient for some folks in situations like that ;)

Back