Fujitsu Recycling CDs and DVDs Into Notebooks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Fujitsu Limited and Fujitsu Laboratories Limited today announced the development of the PC industry's first recycling system that collects used CDs and DVDs at Fujitsu Group recycling centers and reuses the plastic in the bodies of notebook PCs. Fujitsu began using this recycled plastic for part of the front panel of its LIFEBOOK P772/E notebook PC for enterprise customers, a model in its summer 2012 lineup.

Here's a nice alternative for a professional notebook, if you hate the way Apple conducts itself.

It's too bad someone didn't think of this before AOL turned into an undead monster...you know, when they used to send of tons of floppies and CDs. Still, it is a good idea and I'm glad they're doing it.

On a side note, the Lifebook P772/E pictured in the article looks like a really nice design!

It's too bad someone didn't think of this before AOL turned into an undead monster...you know, when they used to send of tons of floppies and CDs. Still, it is a good idea and I'm glad they're doing it.

QFT, shame they are 10 years late, had a few nice stack to get rid of.

What happened to the project of collecting one million AOL CDs and dumping them in front of the AOL headquarters?

Doesn't recycling plastic use more resources and create more pollutants than manufacturing it new from raw materials?

I thought that only metal was feasible for recycling.

Back