Kickstarter For Nuclear Eclipse Online FPS Goes Live

HardOCP News

[H] News
Before you say "Ugh, not another Kickstarter," check out the project and / or watch the video below. The best part is, these guys only need $50k to fund the project and they have 30 days left. Take a look.

This game looks extremely generic and ugly. He needs $200,000 in artwork and animation done.

I recognize the background music from garage band from my school days lol Wow that's going back

or what was that other music making app.... point is, they could stand to be a tad more crafty with this stuff, the music is all made from stuff off the basic sound package. And the game could use a bit more than 50k worth of polish to get it running to a level where people would buy it.

I'm just not seeing any reason an indie group would try to jump into the most generic and flooded market to make some money. There is a reason indie games are usually a bit odd, because they need to be to set them selves apart. I already have a good FPS modern shooter that I enjoy playing, why buy this?

I've seen higher quality stuff come out of mod teams for games half a decade ago. This looks kinda janky.

Of all the games on Kickstarter that are trying to do something a bit different or that are in a dying/dead but loved genre trying to make a come back and that actually look good get this is the crap that gets a front page post?

Based on what I saw in the video I think the guy just needs to let it die.

How will they offer it for "free" on the xbox live marketplace when it costs serious money to list a game and $40k to patch it (each time)? :p

I liked this quote from the project page:

(Playing Ultima Online did more for my career then college!)

I don't trust anyone who does not know the correct usage of then and than :p

Sooo...someone wants to make another online FPS thing? Like...a copy of every other FPS thats ever been online?

Count me in for $300k!

Game looks terrible IMO. Seriously Steve, what made this game jump out at you that warranted a front page post? I'm honestly curious here.

Of all the games on Kickstarter that are trying to do something a bit different or that are in a dying/dead but loved genre trying to make a come back and that actually look good get this is the crap that gets a front page post?

Based on what I saw in the video I think the guy just needs to let it die.

This. Still sad Ground Branch didn't make it. If there was an FPS that should get funding, that was it.

Based on the no scope sniping/knife swap crap this looks like counter strike with zombies and aliens. Bleh.

LOL OP's attempted plug for bland looking game got completely shat on. I didn't really watch the video much but it looked kinda like that CS Zombie mod. Meh...

What the hell did I just watch? CODstrike4Dead made in China!:rolleyes:

At the end he was whinny and on about his hopes and dreams. Prepare for disappointment fella.

What they don't tell you is that the team in China that worked on Halo 3 only created environment props, which subsequently had to be cleaned up by artists in the US to work and perform correctly.

(I don't actually know this, but this is generally how it works)

Back