Politicians Make A "Crime Reporting" App

HardOCP News

[H] News
Damn, if only there was a simple three digit number you could dial instead. :rolleyes:

State Senator Eric Adams and app designer Garth Narr pose in the Senators Brooklyn office with their new "Brooklyn Quality of Life" app. The app will enable people to snap photos of criminal activity and submit them to the authorities anonymously, hopefully circumventing the apprehension of some people to report crimes to the police.

I'd use it if I could escape retribution from Charlie after I told the police he bit my finger.

I'd love a tool like this to notify the CHP of the assholes I see on a regular basis commuting to work.
Almost got wiped out by a SUV that got brake checked by a freaking Corolla yesterday.

Terrible idea. With anonymous submissions, people will send in all sorts of fake reports and irrelevant pictures.

Anonyminity might make some people more willing to report crimes, but it can also bring out the worst in people. Just look at the internet.

Terrible idea. With anonymous submissions, people will send in all sorts of fake reports and irrelevant pictures.

Anonyminity might make some people more willing to report crimes, but it can also bring out the worst in people. Just look at the internet.

Beat me too it. Incoming 4chan trolls in 3..2...

I'd love a tool like this to notify the CHP of the assholes I see on a regular basis commuting to work.
Almost got wiped out by a SUV that got brake checked by a freaking Corolla yesterday.

I saw a guy eating a bowl of SOUP on the way in to work a few months ago. Two handed. Bowl + spoon. I almost wished him harm.

Isn't this the entire premise behind Minority Report?

Get the innocent to continue to make victimless people into
criminals in the hopes that they themselves aren't tagged in
the next wave?

It sure is fun watching Rome burn, I dunno about you guys but
I seriously think as a nation, we've jumped the shark. We're
basically a mockery of what a once great nation was.

Waiting for the influx of photos of fast food places that wouldn't server the food to the consumers liking.

AMENDMENT VI

In all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy and public trial, by an impartial jury of the state and district wherein the crime shall have been committed, which district shall have been previously ascertained by law, and to be informed of the nature and cause of the accusation; to be confronted with the witnesses against him; to have compulsory process for obtaining witnesses in his favor, and to have the assistance of counsel for his defense.

Details, details, details!:rolleyes:

don't let the details get in the way of progress!

Good post on the VI amendment.

"We can correlate a similarity between crimes in Brooklyn and tattoos. To offset this, we need to ban guns. It's the answer."

Bam, I just worked out some political reasoning. :p

Damn, it removed part of my post. That was supposed to say " tattoos". But inkies are bad, as well.

They need to automate it more. Where's the app to report all politicians at once? We know they've all done something wrong.

Damn, if only there was a simple three digit number you could dial instead. :rolleyes:

That "simple three digit number" is for reporting emergencies only, like fire, battery, or other imminent threats to life and limb. If you see someone pissing on someone else's car, 911 really doesn't want your call.

Back