New Steam Community Features Coming

HardOCP News

[H] News
According to the Blue's News crew, Valve has announced new Steam community features, with beta testing "coming soon."

Valve announces what they are calling a "major update" to the Steam Community, saying this will enter beta testing soon, and that in the meantime they will be making daily announcements of new features that will be part of this. Today's update announces the addition of "Game Hubs."

Can we get a Steam Mini version that doesn't have any of this useless bloat, and just functions as a game launcher?

Can we get a Steam Mini version that doesn't have any of this useless bloat, and just functions as a game launcher?

No! You're required to be social by sharing the game you're currently playing, chat with friends, join stupid groups with your boyfriends...err...the guys, and fuss pointlessly over achievements. Oh, and you have to see all the special offers for games you don't really want to buy and will never play, but will purchase anyway because they're discounted a whole lot.

Without achievements, how do I know if I'm doing a good job or not? I'm pretty sure if Steam wasn't constantly patting me on the back, I'd be depressed.

Without achievements, how do I know if I'm doing a good job or not? I'm pretty sure if Steam wasn't constantly patting me on the back, I'd be depressed.

That's what whiney people that you own day in and day out are for. Unless your playing single player, but then when you advance to the next stage, that should show you that you are doing a good job:p.

No! You're required to be social by sharing the game you're currently playing, chat with friends, join stupid groups with your boyfriends...err...the guys, and fuss pointlessly over achievements. Oh, and you have to see all the special offers for games you don't really want to buy and will never play, but will purchase anyway because they're discounted a whole lot.

I actually like a lot of those features. Achievements I don't really care for, the offers that pop up are annoying. Other than that, sure I like them. Though I like the groups because the teams I have been on have groups that are exclusively for memebers so it is a e-peen booster. I need moar e-peen boost :p.

I cant wait.....to log into steam and see this crap automatically enabled and then have to disable it.

Back