FBI Believed Kim Dotcom Had a ‘Doomsday Device’

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The SWAT-styled raid on Kim Dotcom’s mansion by anti-terrorist police were working from information supplied by the FBI that Kim Dotcom possessed a ‘Doomsday Device’ for destroying all information on all Megaupload servers all around the world with the press of a button. This tidbit of information was made public on Friday in Auckland’s High Court review of police evidence in the case.

Thirty armed police stormed Dotcom's Auckland home by road and air to find the device in the FBI-inspired raid in January. Almost 30 other officers followed to search for evidence using a warrant since ruled invalid.

After Dotcom was advised of his rights he could phone a lawyer.

"You give him a phone and he makes that phone call in private, the cat's out of the bag."
"Thank you for calling Mega Deletions. If you want to delete all data from all Mega Uploads servers internationally and then forward this call to your attorney, press 1 now."

<boop>

Good news everyone. Here is a new picture of Kim Dotcom (jail time really ages you fast):
futurama-professor01.jpg

The FBI lies/cheats/steals/conspires too much...and then blames it on watching movies.

FTFY

I'm sorry to say it but the [insert government agency acronyms here] are so corrupt it's not even one bit humorous anymore. Yet, they only get bigger and bigger and bigger. Shits getting ugly in this day and age. You know how you get on their bad side? It's easy, disagree with them or do something they don't like (even if legal or not in their jurisdiction)!

F**k the [insert government agency acronyms here]

So ... the threat level was low and the police wanted to match that threat, which apparently required 2 helicopters, dozens of officers armed with M4's and police dogs ....

I hope dotcom takes them for everything they are worth. Those in charge, of the officers, should definitely lose their jobs.

I'm surprised they didn't round up all of his family and guests and do a mass hanging, East India Trading Company style.

While I think Kim Dotcom is a gigantic schmuck (no pun intended) I do hope he beats this rap. I mean how bad can you fuck up an arrest like this? Apparently if you're a US Government agency the sky is the limit! And, a doomsday device? Really? So in independently run data centers all over the world he could unilaterally destroy all the data on Megaupload? So I assume he had plans for all the backups and other failsafes that those places routinely employ too? I mean doesn't the CIA or FBI employ any competent IT people at all? And if they do, why were those people not consulted?

"Kim Dotcom, put down the Spheroboom!"

"NEVER!"

Just going to state the obvious here.

They made it up, are stupid, or both.

While theoretically possible, it would destroy any chance he had of recovering his business, and would all but scream, I am guilty to any judge and jury he ever sat in front of. An auto destruct would have been helpful to the prosecution.

I wouldn't be surprised if Kim has a killswitch for MegaUpload

I hope he did. It's his company anyway. I'm sure it's in the ToS somewhere that the data may be deleted at any time they find it "troublesome" ... like in the instances of Copyright claims.

I hope dotcom takes them for everything they are worth. Those in charge, of the officers, should definitely lose their jobs.

The costs will just be passed along to average citizens in the form of additional taxes or cuts in social programs so that wealth can be moved to compensate. It might be hopeless to hope for such a thing since governments draw funding from the people.

typical police.... use of excessive force.

I would like to take a time machine back to when Peter Madoff was detained, and see them send in a whole SWAT force, Battlefield modern warfare style.

I really don't like Kim, and there is a high chance he really does have a kill switch, but the excessive and stupid force required to arrest him was really really unecessary

The FBI and police had already raided the Megaupload servers before going to arrest Dotcom because they were afraid he might remotely destroy the data. Then they send in the massive tactical assault on his mansion in order to prevent him from getting to the "kill switch."

If you're confused about the logic, then you're smarter than the FBI thinks you are.

Amazing what the US Legal system pulls out of its ass. They thought Kevin Mitnick could dial a phone number and whistle a code to set off military missle too. Jesus.

FTFY

I'm sorry to say it but the [insert government agency acronyms here] are so corrupt it's not even one bit humorous anymore. Yet, they only get bigger and bigger and bigger. Shits getting ugly in this day and age. You know how you get on their bad side? It's easy, disagree with them or do something they don't like (even if legal or not in their jurisdiction)!

F**k the [insert government agency acronyms here]

+1 3char

Top comment on that video btw:

FUCK THE FBI, STAY IN YOUR OWN COUNTRY YOU CROOKED FUCKING YANK&#65279; SHITS!!

Honestly, I can't blame people for feeling this way. This is a simple case of "We don't respect the law of the lands."

I still can't believe some people think this raid was okay.

Even if he did have a 'doomsday device' how is that illegal. It's his site. He owns it. If he chooses to delete all of it with one button, who the fuck cares. Now, he will be subject to possible law suits from people who put up content, but that's between them, not the feds or any other government agency. Seriously, how did people get to the point in this world that government has to be infested into your daily life on everything you do? How did individual responsibility and accountability get pushed to the side in favor of the nanny state?

Top comment on that video btw:

Honestly, I can't blame people for feeling this way. This is a simple case of "We don't respect the law of the lands."

I still can't believe some people think this raid was okay.

Whats funny is that New Zealand was the one who did the raid, and could of told the FBI to pound sand.

Whats funny is that New Zealand was the one who did the raid, and could of told the FBI to pound sand.

It is amazing what some countries, or at least military or police organizations within a country, will do for a little US cash, free weapons, or free "training" trips to the US. I thought that the US government being in the employ of the music/movie industry, was common knowledge at this point.

This whole mess was over the music service they Mega was about to launch. This was his warning. This is the the movie/music industry telling Kim, and anyone else that thinks they can help artists cheaply self publish, that yes we can get to you, and yes, we are not afraid to do so. I have no proof, just going all tin foil over here.

Ok admit it, who read this in his voice in your head?? :D

[21CW]killerofall;1039029369 said:
Good news everyone. Here is a new picture of Kim Dotcom (jail time really ages you fast):
futurama-professor01.jpg

There were also WMD's in Iraq as well...... :rolleyes:

Funny thing is, there actually were WMD in Iraq, just not in a usable form. W got a bad rap for the reason he started the Iraq war.

He really started it so we could be next to Iran with a puppet state armed by us....

makes good tinfoil hat talk, anyway :)

If you watch the YouTube video you will have learnt that the FBI had already raided the datacentre and disconnected all the servers before they visited Mr Dotcom.

So if he did have a kill switch and had used it, it would not matter as the FBI already had his servers secured.

Back