Microsoft to Bring Real-Time Crime Prevention To Law Enforcement Agencies

HardOCP News

[H] News
New York City Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg and Police Commissioner Raymond W. Kelly today announced a partnership with Microsoft designed to bring the latest crime prevention and counterterrorism technology capabilities to worldwide law enforcement, public safety and intelligence agencies, among others.

The NYPD teamed with Microsoft to develop the Domain Awareness System (DAS), a sophisticated law enforcement technology solution that aggregates and analyzes public safety data in real time, providing NYPD investigators and analysts with a comprehensive view of potential threats and criminal activity.

New York. It just had to be.

Who better to work with than the Evil, all knowing, all controlling Dr. Raymond Cocteau (Bloomberg) ?

BZZT. You have been fined 1/2 credit for drinking a Coca Cola in excess of 12 fluid ounces...

It looks like Microsoft is working on a simple data mining system for the NYPD. If it stops all those dope addicts from stealing peoples' Sega Game Gears and Tomagotchi toys, I'm all for it.

New York. It just had to be.

Who better to work with than the Evil, all knowing, all controlling Dr. Raymond Cocteau (Bloomberg) ?

BZZT. You have been fined 1/2 credit for drinking a Coca Cola in excess of 12 fluid ounces...

I need some toilet paper.

Needs more clammy wenches in kiddie pools and Tom Cruise with a bluetooth earpiece on a zipline cord.

Yeah, this seals the deal for me ever going to NYC ever again for anything ever. My wife and I were planning a 9/11 trip for the memorial, but after this I am in the process of cancelling the whole thing. Thank God for travel insurance.

It's like Person of Interest only the government is super proud of it and doesn't keep it secret at all.

Back