Microsoft Windows 8 Packaging?

HardOCP News

[H] News
While looks are subjective, I think most of you will agree that these leaked Windows 8 packaging images are seriously fugly. Then again, it's all about what's in the box that matters, right? :eek: What do you think?

is it me or does those designs remind me of Adobe instead, on the bright side, having giving the RTM a whirl , I honestly don't think 8's UI is that terrible, well unless you have made up your mind that it is completly sh*t that is :D

is it me or does those designs remind me of Adobe instead, on the bright side, having giving the RTM a whirl , I honestly don't think 8's UI is that terrible, well unless you have made up your mind that it is completly sh*t that is :D

Looks like a cross between an old Photoshop box and Windows 3.1's box.

so...I think windows 8 is an absolute abomination of an OS, after 5 days of using it I uninstalled it off of my extra SSD and put linux back on there

however, I actually quite like that box design

I dunno could be worse, I don't think the box art is that bad. In fact the more I use Win8 the more I like it. I have only had two incompatibility problems. One with Raxco, which they admit, and the other with CopyTrans, (iPod thing) Windsoft is looking into the later. Where is my 40 buck upgrade?

I like the way the Release preview looked once you were in the desktop. The RTM on the other hand is awful to look at. The Metro aspect seems to be the same though.

Also the box's look fine to me but who really cares, seeing as system builders don't buy the Retail packaging anyway. :D

My thoughts are this. It looks like an early 90's style box with a cross between said items.

I don't like it. I'm not an artsy fartsy guy, though. Give me a DVD and I'll be happy. Nice to keep for nostalgia, but still not necessary. 90% will end up in the trash, anyway.

Looks fine to me. Isn't up to the quality of Adobe's work, which seemed to inspire these, but they look fine.

It's a box. Not worth getting upset about.

Wow POS packaging to go with an OS no one is going to buy (no one that has Windows 7 already anyway)?

Normally you would generate buzz by talking about OS features and not the box it comes in.

I think Microsoft confused the fact the stockholders are all jazzed about this release with end customers being jazzed up about this release too.

I think Adobe should help them with the design and Microsoft should help them in making Flash better and faster.

Whats wrong with you people. How can you begin to like it? :confused: It looks like old lady fabric... Like it's Windows geriatric edition or something. :p

But, yet another negative about this release! :eek:

While looks are subjective, I think most of you will agree that these leaked Windows 8 packaging images are seriously fugly. Then again, it's all about what's in the box that matters, right? :eek: What do you think?

What's in the box is fugly too! :D

But after running the Pro RTM with Classic Start Menu, and a Windows 7 skin, I quite like it, as I don't have to deal with Metro, or whatever the hell it's called now...

But I will say that you can tell that this is just Windows 7 SP2, with the fugly interface bolted-on.

I seriously have come to think that MS just don't know how to make a completely new OS. Windows 6.0 is almost 10 years old now.

That's the design I'd expect from some "Windows 8: Everything you need to know" kind of book, not an actual product lol.

Was thinking along these lines too, but I kind of like, not that it matters since the box is going in thr trash after I open it, our get the oems.

I don't think they're that bad, they have to match the plain, dull and horrible looks of the windows 8 UI

Back