Video Game Violence Strikes AGAIN!

HardOCP News

[H] News
This guy is lucky to be alive after he was stabbed twenty two times over an Xbox Live chat that turned "bitter." Who cares about the facts in the case, if your child plays video games, you may already have a killer living with you. :rolleyes:

An online fight led to an in-person attack for a young man in Oakley, and he ended up with nearly two dozen stab wounds.This stabbing all started with a conversation on an Xbox Live headset that allegedly set a 17-year-old off, not with a joystick, but with a real knife and gun. Kevin Kemp, 20, didn’t mind showing the scars from his battle Monday. There are 22 stab wounds now stitched back up.

that allegedly set a 17-year-old off, not with a joystick, but with a real knife and gun

Why didn't he get shot also? The attacker was pissed off enough to stab him but not to shoot him? :confused:

But, this is why there should be laws banning people with annpoying voices from owning headsets. I propose a headset licence. You can only sound like Mr Earl Jones or something.

Why didn't he get shot also? The attacker was pissed off enough to stab him but not to shoot him? :confused:

But, this is why there should be laws banning people with annpoying voices from owning headsets. I propose a headset licence. You can only sound like Mr Earl Jones or something.

RTFA. The 17 year old did shoot at him, but he missed. No wonder he was being made fun of in the game... he must suck ;)

That stabbed kid seriously needs to put his shirt on and go for a run.

He has the biggest man nipples I have ever seen.

Kid says he's got a long standing feud with family "friend". (not related to xbox or gaming)
Eggs him on and guy comes and shoots at him.... yet derp it's because of violent video games durrrr.

I wonder with the millions of gamers how many are gun owners. I'm willing to bet alot have never even held one. x.x

LMAO.. I know its serious but watching the video made me laugh.. How bad of a shot do you have to be in game to then want to prove it in real life..

Man that must have been insanely frustrating stabbing that guy while he was playing Xbox, didn't look like he really minded.

"Walks up to my room and he points the gun right at me and takes out the clip "

It's a magazine, not a clip.

Actually it is a clip. :rolleyes:

Clip:
: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

Actually it is a clip. :rolleyes:

Clip:
: a device to hold cartridges for charging the magazines of some rifles; also : a magazine from which ammunition is fed into the chamber of a firearm

actually, it is in fact a magazine.

A clip is a device that holds multiple cartridges together to facilitate loading rounds into the magazine of a firearm. Common designs include en-bloc, stripper, and moon clips.

A magazine is a container with a spring mechanism used to store and load rounds into the chamber of a repeating firearm. Magazines may be internal or detachable, and are often shaped like a box, drum, or tube.

A clip fits inside a magazine, lacks a spring-loaded feed mechanism, and is never fixed to the weapon.

Trivia:

Actually had to look it up. A clip reloads a magazine. A magazine reloads a gun. Or in the case of an M1, the magazine is built into the gun, and the entire clip reloads it.

http://www.thegunzone.com/stripper-clip.html

The definition has changed over the years to accomodate the layman, but the proper term is still bullet->cartridge->clip->magazine->gun

Trivia:

Actually had to look it up. A clip reloads a magazine. A magazine reloads a gun. Or in the case of an M1, the magazine is built into the gun, and the entire clip reloads it.

http://www.thegunzone.com/stripper-clip.html

The definition has changed over the years to accomodate the layman, but the proper term is still bullet->cartridge->clip->magazine->gun

a magazine may be loaded without the use of a clip, although it is a slower process.

So... we ignore the guys obvious mental condition... we ignore the guys obvious lack of parenting... it's the games he's playing!

Not to bring religion into things, but back when the organ was first created it was denounced by the church as "the devil that moans and wheezes." The point being that denouncing and blaming things is hardly new but, still, each new technology gets blamed for society's ills. Music, TV, movies, games... what will it be next?

Being Devil's Advocate... you guys keep saying Verbally insulting gaming Women AND Stabbing your best friends is what is ALL about in Video gaming competitions, yo!!! If you can't take the heat don't play !!!! (sarcasm)

Seriously this is sad indeed.

Okay next CoD competion, don't bring your GF and wear a protective vest, is kevlar good?

Meh. Boring Article. Comments section was fun though.

Honestly, I'm waiting for the headline "Noob sexually assaults Fag over getting Tbaged in Halo", or something like that. Yas?

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but violent videogames do have a positive link to violent behavior.

I know it sucks because it's your baby, but the sooner the average joe realizes this the sooner we can start fixing it.

Gotta love how they briefly mention the ongoing feud, but then continually put visual emphasis on the XBox and verbal emphasis on words like "gaming", "online", "chat".
Typical lamestream media spin.

actually, it is in fact a magazine.

A clip is a device that holds multiple cartridges together to facilitate loading rounds into the magazine of a firearm. Common designs include en-bloc, stripper, and moon clips.

A magazine is a container with a spring mechanism used to store and load rounds into the chamber of a repeating firearm. Magazines may be internal or detachable, and are often shaped like a box, drum, or tube.

A clip fits inside a magazine, lacks a spring-loaded feed mechanism, and is never fixed to the weapon.

So, the clip was removed from the gun. See? I was right...

Sorry to burst your bubble guys, but violent videogames do have a positive link to violent behavior.

I know it sucks because it's your baby, but the sooner the average joe realizes this the sooner we can start fixing it.

Increased levels of aggression don't lead to being able to casually cross into the state of mind which not only justifies but allows the irrational action of committing murder. No, it takes a special kind mentality to allow this.

Their upbringing. Culture. Biology. Their environment, and how they process the information within it, are determined by those factors. If some parents let video games, and television raise their offspring, it's not the fault of video games and television for that individuals psychological deficits or lack social well-being.

You, people like you, love to point out the increases in aggression caused by violent video games, detailed in poorly done studies, and pretend that this then links violent behavior to them as well. That's BS.

There's a great deal of people like myself that'll talk trash and Tbag the shit out of opponents on XBL...and then take time off work to help a cripple who's a friend of a friend keep his business from going under. Then there's those psychologically damaged twats whose behavior is diagnosed based upon entertainment choices rather than the life-experiences that made them who they are, and the people that like headlines and studies that tell half-truths which sweep the cause of the problem out of sight just so they can feel a little bit more smug about who they are, and how they're 'different' from those other guys.

I didn't even read the linked article. I'm just posting to say thanks for the laugh.:D

Being Devil's Advocate... you guys keep saying Verbally insulting gaming Women AND Stabbing your best friends is what is ALL about in Video gaming competitions, yo!!! If you can't take the heat don't play !!!! (sarcasm)

Seriously this is sad indeed.

Okay next CoD competion, don't bring your GF and wear a protective vest, is kevlar good?

There are CoD LAN tourneys?

So, who started it? Was the "victim" talking trash? What goes around... :rolleyes:
Both should take some blame for this violence. Although, I feel that the victim got more than he bargained for. Life lessons: Don't piss people off! :D

I've gotten into my fair share of bickering with COD kids over Xbox Live. I don't play Halo or Gears of War online but I hear they act the same way on those games as well. The Battlefield crowd seems to be much more mature so I don't run into any issues playing BF games. Their have been plenty of times where I've received flat out death threats over live. I just laugh it off but it does encourage me to piss them off even further. Up to the point that they'll just rage quit & proceed to and me more threats through messages :).

"not with a joystick,"

I guess the CBS affiliate in Sacramento doesn't know the difference between a gamepad and a joystick. Sure, there are joystick controllers available for the XBox, but I'm hard-pressed to find anyone who actually uses them.

You have your pointers in reverse order. It would be gun->magazine->clip->cartridge->bullet :D

I just have to wonder how they can explain all the violence that's been in the world before video games - and before the usual crowd throws religion in as the catch-all explanation, I'm sure cavemen were clubbing each other long before Moses was around.

why stop at 22? here in my city some beggar stabbed another beggar 48 times with a screwdriver, now thats what i call initiative!

hooray for super anal gun nuts.

Thanks for your contributions to both society, and this forum.

So it's now "super anal" to want to have facts straight? Or trying to explain how things work in the real world?

Pardon the few of us out there that like to refer to things by their actual/historical name. Following your logic, it's perfectly "okay" for that reporter on TV to refer to everything from Nerf guns to RPGs as "AK-47's"

Bottom line it's this same form of lazy thinking and lack of education concerning guns that causes some of the accidents we see all over this country.

You many not give a rats ass about guns or the proper names for the proper parts (and that's fine), but it's pretty blind and petty of you to make smart ass remarks to people who actually know a thing or two about something.

[citation needed]*

*only valid studies may be used. popsci will not be allowed to pass as actual evidence

Sorry to break it to you, but most statistics and 'facts' are made up on the spot.

I know it sucks, because you just threw one out there, but like you, I don't have to back that up with any actual research or findings.

In my experiences, at least with the XBox CoD crowds, there's a good deal of lower class people who play the game and get...colorful...in their mouthing off online. There may be other correlations at play here.

Then again, when I was a kid way too many moons ago, and I walked out of The Karate Kid, I was doing my karate moves in the air. I'm sure people watch wrestling and suddenly want to bodyslam their brother.

There are other, far more insidious violence influences in our society (speaking US here) and enablement. And as someone else said, there's something to be said about air-punching in front of you or spouting verbal attacks, and actually crossing that mental line of doing harm to someone else and not understanding what that means.

Back