Twitter Prompted NBC To Request Ban Of Journalist

HardOCP News

[H] News
Wait, isn't Twitter supposed to be against this kind of crap? What a bunch of hypocrites. :(

Twitter had suspended the account of a journalist for posting the email address of an NBC executive in a series of tweets critical of the network's coverage of the 2012 London Olympics Games. Now, it's been revealed that Twitter itself took the initiative in alerting NBC of the hostile tweets, suggesting they file a report and detailing the process for doing so.

Account has been reinstated according to BBC News. Quote “did I miss anything?”

NBC sucks anyway.. I have to look on other sights for womens soccer stuff.

best part of the olympics...

Seeing it listed as "XXX Olympics..." on my DVR channel guide.

The NBC coverage via televised has been terrible. My ISP actually went down right before all of the semi-final/final swimming events earlier today. I scrambled to my HDTV so I can catch it while I was getting my ISP issue fixed only to find that not one of the single channels was covering it. NBC had Water Polo, MSNBC had field hockey, Bravo had Tennis, & the other channels were just cycling through crap. I pretty much flipped out at that point yelling " who the *&%$ waches water polo/field hockey! "

NBC sucks. The only thing they are good at doing is rigging trucks to explode to show how unsafe they are.

best part of the olympics...

Seeing it listed as "XXX Olympics..." on my DVR channel guide.

LOL, I need to check out my DVR listing. If it appears like that as well, then shame on me for missing it. :D

The NBC coverage via televised has been terrible. My ISP actually went down right before all of the semi-final/final swimming events earlier today. I scrambled to my HDTV so I can catch it while I was getting my ISP issue fixed only to find that not one of the single channels was covering it. NBC had Water Polo, MSNBC had field hockey, Bravo had Tennis, & the other channels were just cycling through crap. I pretty much flipped out at that point yelling " who the *&%$ waches water polo/field hockey! "
This is how NBC televises the Olympics: you'll get your fix of the events like water polo, rowing, field hockey, etc... televised live but if you want to watch the premier events like swimming, gymnastics, and track & field, you'll have to wait until the taped delay during prime time so NBC can maximize their ratings.

I've been watching BBC's stream and their announcers are just so much better than NBC's.

LOL, I need to check out my DVR listing. If it appears like that as well, then shame on me for missing it. :D

I verified that my DVR also lists it as "XXX Summer Olympics". Hilarious. Some of my friends who were over to watch UFC on FOX on Sat. night also commented that when after the fight, I went through the listing to put on the Olympics. :D

If he had threatened to murder a bunch of people however, Twitter wouldn't have cared.

Back