Thermaltake Frio Advanced Cooler

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are looking to upgrade your CPU cooler in the near future, you might want to check out this review of the Thermaltake Frio Advanced at Neoseeker today.

The Frio Advanced cooler has a well thought out design that includes five heatpipes measuring 6mm each as well as high-density cooling fins. The innovative manufacturing technique produces one of the finest cooling products available.

hello-kitty-mini-fry-pan.jpg

Frio sounds too much like Fryer.

Tengo mucho frio.

I'm not a Spanish speaker, but that comes to mind first when I read see the word frio.

I'm using the Frio Advanced now (albeit out of necessity)...they really should have included a Y-cable for the PWM fans, one of which buzzes, but that aside it's not bad for a seemingly midrange HSF. It's actually fairly quiet apart from the buzz--this is admittedly with one fan at near 2000RPM and the other at 1100 or so due to the PWM cable issue--or at least dramatically quieter than my twitchy H100 water cooler is/was.

The advanced is kind of a bastard child of the Frio line. It's there but they never really promoted it. The Frio OCK is an awesome cooler, but with the fans on high it gets kind of loud. The Frio Extreme is huge and requires low profile ram, but the PMW fans are nice and quiet :)

Back