Bing Maps Updated With High-Resolution Imagery

HardOCP News

[H] News
Microsoft has added another 215TB of high-res imagery to Bing maps just weeks after adding almost 170TB to its service. Hit the link to find out who, what and where.

The latest publication of Bird's Eye includes 215 TB of new data that spans across the United States and features certain areas in Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Tokyo. The total coverage of this publication is 230,004 square kilometers and consists of over 1.1 million files!

I'm not sure I trust this map service based on the writers geological knowledge...

Tokyo Disneyland
Tokyo, Japan

But...Tokyo disneyland isn't in Tokyo...it's in the nearby Chiba...:p

Coincidence, I just noticed that google maps have very new images of my area, only two months old - and MUCH higher resolution than the older ones. Bing's of the same area look just like the 2003 google maps.

Not knocking bing, just saying.

Just checked my house with the birds eye view, its very old must be like from 2003 or something older it has cars and buildings missing that have been there for years, google satellite view is very up to date maybe from this year it seems.

High resolution view of my house nearly 3-4 years ago... Not sure how this is new. Google has better imaging of my new driveway and front lawn not included in Bing's imaging.

I checked my area, and even though it looks like there was supposed to be updated images these appear to be the same ones I saw a month or so ago. I will say their bird's eye images are way better than the google earth images we could see.

Coincidence, I just noticed that google maps have very new images of my area, only two months old - and MUCH higher resolution than the older ones. Bing's of the same area look just like the 2003 google maps.

Not knocking bing, just saying.

This. We bought our house in 09' and the picture was taken well before that.

For new images (2 months old) check out the Wheeling, WV area.

I have no idea if there are others or where they are.

Back