Apple Ordered To Publicly Recant Galaxy Copycat Claim

HardOCP News

[H] News
Ouch, that has to sting a bit. Makes you wonder how the Cupertino crew is going to spin this one. :D Thanks to everyone that sent this one in.

Judge Colin Birss today ordered Apple to post a notice acknowledging his ruling on its Web site and in British newspapers. The notice, which is to state that Samsung did not copy the iPad’s design, must remain on Apple’s Web site for the next six months, and must appear in a number of U.K. papers and magazines.

When did the "refer to tech companies exclusively by the city they are located in" trend begin? Regardless, it drives me nuts. Don't do it Steve!

original

One of two things are going to happen:

A) They'll put a spin on it so it will come off as more as an advertisement for the iPaddle

or

B) They are going to appeal the appeal that was previously appealed by the iPeal.

Sounds like the judge is a member of this forum and an Android fanboy.

Too bad Apple won't agree and will keep this held up in appeals for years to come.

Can the judge actually order to post something on their site? I get he can order to publish it on the publications; but isn't the site Apple "property" and their own private business?

Not sure if the judge is an android fan or not considering he said that the Galaxy Tab was obviously not cool enough to be considered a nock-off-Ipad. Or was that a different judge?

Either way I'm sure apple will say as much in their notice. "We apologize to Samsung for claiming that their uncool products as determined by the judicial system in england were in fact as cool as ours. Let it be known that we shall never consider the uncool samsung galaxy line of equipment to be anywhere near as cool as our I-Devices and as such we are deeply sorry for suing them for thinking that maybe they were as cool as us."

Can the judge actually order to post something on their site? I get he can order to publish it on the publications; but isn't the site Apple "property" and their own private business?

I was wondering the same thing, but I guess this is Britainland so judge was likely piss drunk and watching cricket. /duck

More importantly, it sounds like the judge was really pissed. Usually they get off with a slap on the wrist or are ordered to pay some fine but this judge has really taken it to the next level. I'm kinda glad too. If you think about how much iSuing is going on now between all the corps. of the tech industry it's probably the judge trying to send a message: Quit being wankers.

The iFans, no doubt, will take a page out of Apple's book and turn this into a feature.

"Why, of course Samsung didn't copy Apple! That's what Apple intended to prove from the start! There's no way that they could ever hope to aspire to the magical, mystical wonders of the iPad!"

We've always been at war with Eurasia...

Oh, and chocolate rations are not going down from 3 to 2 a week, they're going up from 3 to 2 a week! Thank you ministry of truth for showing us how wrong we are!

This judge just got moved up one more step on my awesome-o-meter. No company ever wants to have something like this put up on their site with a mention of a competitor. Totally delicious order by the judge.

Could you imagine the likes of this in the NY Times and such? Woof.

This judge just got moved up one more step on my awesome-o-meter. No company ever wants to have something like this put up on their site with a mention of a competitor. Totally delicious order by the judge.

Could you imagine the likes of this in the NY Times and such? Woof.

I hope this takes off. They really need to stop with the litigation battles. It's getting old and tiresome and costs nobody but the consumer. Apple's probably the worst of the trolls in that respect, though other names like Motorola comes to mind

whossuingwho2.png

Aside from some appeals judge tossing it, this judge should have ordered Apple to prominently display on their home page that they're a "Patent Troll."

I haven't liked apple since the day I learned I wasn't going to get my apple II for "about $500".

I don't know about the poster but I dislike apple for their constant litigation that prevents me from getting products I want.

And now that Motorola android phones have an important ban due to microsoft, when will you be uninstalling windows?

And now that Motorola android phones have an important ban due to microsoft, when will you be uninstalling windows?

Don't try to use logic with the haters. It is above them. Besides, the sooner they die of their impending heart attack from needless self-inflicted stress, the better off we will all be.

that chart looks like it was made by a kindergartner and about as accurate, too

look down the articles list a bit and read about Apple's latest patent - if that one is allowed to stand then all mobile device work will come to a halt. It will mean everyone will need to send Apple all of their money for the next 20 years or so,

I don't know about the poster but I dislike apple for their constant litigation that prevents me from getting products I want.

look down the articles list a bit and read about Apple's latest patent - if that one is allowed to stand then all mobile device work will come to a halt. It will mean everyone will need to send Apple all of their money for the next 20 years or so,

That's a dangerous patent application, no doubt. But it will be ultimately irrelevant as soon as my patent for harnessing the electron with electrically conductive material is approved.

That's it!

Enough of this crap about lawsuit vs lawsuit.

I'm going to claim IP for the big bang, and since it's mine, and I've lived since the beginning of time, I own all of you, therefore I can do whatever I want.

Now make me a sandwich!

That's it!

Enough of this crap about lawsuit vs lawsuit.

I'm going to claim IP for the big bang, and since it's mine, and I've lived since the beginning of time, I own all of you, therefore I can do whatever I want.

Now make me a sandwich!

Patent of designs to protect stuff a company creates is one thing, but Apple has been going well past reasonable limits and it's stupid that they (and other companies) have been getting awarded these stupid patents. I'm with the Borg. This patent lawsuit junk has gotten out of hand and really needs to stop.

What'd you want on that sammich anyway?

Looks like apple haz sum dez nuts.

F apple. Apple got what they deserve for being nothing but a bunch of thieves. Apple has been stealing from andriod for years. Pack of wanking IBall lickers

Looks like apple haz sum dez nuts.

F apple. Apple got what they deserve for being nothing but a bunch of thieves. Apple has been stealing from andriod for years. Pack of wanking IBall lickers

Strong knowledge.

Oh god that one is absolutely retarded and whats worse is it took them almost 3 years to obtain it!

Back