Google Beefs Up Security for Chrome Browser Extensions

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google is making its Chrome browser even more secure by alerting users to the danger of installing third party apps and by adding a step directing the download through an extension page. Google is now also checking all of its own Web Store submissions for malicious extensions.

Google has put its own house into order after it initiated a program to analyze every extension uploaded to the Web Store. Those entries that are found to be suspect or malicious will be taken down to prevent security issues for users.

Ok, Google, the third party app, is going to alert users about installing third party apps? I see this as ironic.

chrome is growing amazingly , i cant understand google support firefox , it they have chrome

What's it about Chrome that breaks older installers? I spent several hours browsing Chrome trying to figure out why Final Fantasy VII won't install and finally stumbled on a forum somewhere that says having Chrome opened prevents older 32-bit installer from working. Talk about ironic.

I closed Chrome and boom, the installation began instantly.

I think Chrome needs to do a better job warning users somehow that the browser security is preventing something from happening or working. Perhaps a balloon notification in the task bar or something.

What's it about Chrome that breaks older installers? I spent several hours browsing Chrome trying to figure out why Final Fantasy VII won't install and finally stumbled on a forum somewhere that says having Chrome opened prevents older 32-bit installer from working. Talk about ironic.

I closed Chrome and boom, the installation began instantly.

I think Chrome needs to do a better job warning users somehow that the browser security is preventing something from happening or working. Perhaps a balloon notification in the task bar or something.

Chrome breaks a lot of stuff and does not uninstall cleanly. I am surprised so many 'tech' types here tolerate that piece of crap.

Back