ASUS P8Z77-V Premium

HardOCP News

[H] News
Looking for a motherboard? There is a review of the ASUS P8Z77-V Premium at ocaholic today that should be of interest. For comparison purposes, you can see our evaluation here.

With the P8Z77-V Premium ASUS has a new flagship motherboard in their portfolio when it comes to their performance products. What they've done basically their engineers took a P8Z77-V Deluxe and added a Thunderbolt interface to it. Voilà there is the P8Z77-V Premium.

I'm looking at this board for a 24/7 multi-purpose system (gaming, multimedia, storage, office).
Found another review here.

I like the external connectivity (eSATA, DisplayPort, Thunderbolt, unfortunately no PS/2) and its expandability (SATA ports, SLI, built-in sound, WiFi/Bluetooth & mSATA to free more slots/ports). I upgrade roughly every 5 years, even though it's not efficient, so I'm shooting for a durable high end system. Asus Premium and the RoG Maximus V Extreme seemed like the top choices for Z77 and since I'm not into overclocking I'm leaning towards the Premium.

Thinking to pair it with 32GB (4x8GB) G.Skill RipJawsX RAM DDR3 PC3-12800 CL9 1.5V 1600MHz F3-1600C9Q-32GXM. BTW, what chips does G.Skill use under the heatsinks?

Anyone has any thoughts about it? Heard of any problems?

Back