Activision Reveals Its Own Walking Dead Shooter

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Not a company to pass on an opportunity to capitalize on the zombie craze, Activision will be offering a new first-person shooter game based on the very popular The Walking Dead TV series. The action will center around the two brothers, Daryl and Merle Dixon in their quest to reach Atlanta.

They should just make it like a big Dayz knockoff, but with a RMAH so people who don't have time to find all their survival gear could just simply buy it in a convenient and safe manner instead.

Just about sick of the whole "Hey, shooting bows and crossbows is cool again!" fad.

Just about sick of the whole "Hey, shooting bows and crossbows is cool again!" fad.

You obviously never played Thief, its never been a fad. Crossbow is just as viable weapon as a rocket launcher, and both are situational.

You obviously never played Thief, its never been a fad. Crossbow is just as viable weapon as a rocket launcher, and both are situational.

Yo obviously havent played BF:Bad Company 2 where the Carl G (my personal favorite btw) is an all purpose rocket launcher and is NOT situational whatsoever.

:D

Oooh oooh. Are they going to develop it on the MW engine? They could probably get a few sequels out before they're forced to develop a new engine.

New tv showings coming out centering around arrow-shooting protagonists, Hunger Games, The Avengers, etc. I get it, it's like any other fad kids latch onto. The sales of archery supplies are at all-time high and kids are getting outside in the fresh air to put holes in shit like they do in the movies. I'm just having a hard time believing that every bit of entertainment has to revolve around vampires, zombies, archery or some combination of the three.

New tv showings coming out centering around arrow-shooting protagonists, Hunger Games, The Avengers, etc. .

Hawkeye has been an Avenger for like 40 or 50 years. These things aren't fads.

Hell,I was sick of the whole zombie fad long ago. Even Romero's movies stopped being entertaining after the third one,and they make for boring opponents in games.

I can see this easily sucking ass...the big publishers don't give a damn about giving a semi-accurate portrayal of survival. This game will most definitely be a generic zombie shooter, which given the brand its based off of is truly saddening.

Screw you Activision, and good job giving the game to someone who has never done a first person shooter to begin with! Sure they did BloodRayne and Ghostbusters...but that hardly qualifies them for a FPS horror/survival game.

So, what, this will be Generic Zombie Game #923 except with a bunch of unnecessary drama?

Whoop-dee-doo.

I never seen it as a fad, they have been in games for years, I am pretty sure they were in Heretic and Hexen back in the 90's

then again you could be much younger than me and it might seem like a fad to you :)

Turok disagrees with bows and crossbows being fads in video games!

I hope it fails miserably. I'm getting sick of shooters at this point. We have plenty of good zombie games , we don't need fat fuck Bobby dipping his toes in it now.

So, what, this will be Generic Zombie Game #923 except with a bunch of unnecessary drama?

Whoop-dee-doo.

It'll probably be MW4:The Walking Dead. The characters from the Walking Dead will be part of a special forces unit tasked with taking down terrorists. During this, they will discover a massive plot to destroy the world one New York City minute at a time. Unfortunately, this time they fail (half way through the game, or 2 hours in ..) and some generic bad guy with a middle east accent (or Russian) unleashes the plaque that turns the dead alive. It'll now be up to the characters to once again, save the world again one linear corridor at a time. Instead of a COD zombie mode, it's now a COD zombie game!

Where's my royalty check? I just saved them a massive amount of time.

Hey, this is GREAT NEWS! I can't wait to play a totally new game idea that no one has ever tried where you shoot and kill things with weapons and try to have your character survive against a lot of bad guys! I bet there'll be totally original things like ammo, armor, or health packs to pick up that are laying on the ground! And OMG, it'll be cross platform so when we get the PC version after it gets ported from the Xbox 360, it will look almost as good there as it does on the console! OMG, I wonder if there will be DLC expansions for only 20 dollars each that allow you to get new power ups like a flashlight! (eek a flashlight in a game where you're seeing things from a first-person perspective has probably NEVER been tried at all in the gaming industry!) I bet there'll be hugely epic endings where you get either A, B, or C movie sequences (or D if you suck and die somewhere in the game)! I'm so excited that I just wet myself, my chair, and the floor under my chair! This is gonna be awesome! I'm gonna go to the bathroom now to finish peeing myself in the shower!

Hey, this is GREAT NEWS! I can't wait to play a totally new game idea that no one has ever tried where you shoot and kill things with weapons and try to have your character survive against a lot of bad guys! I bet there'll be totally original things like ammo, armor, or health packs to pick up that are laying on the ground! And OMG, it'll be cross platform so when we get the PC version after it gets ported from the Xbox 360, it will look almost as good there as it does on the console! OMG, I wonder if there will be DLC expansions for only 20 dollars each that allow you to get new power ups like a flashlight! (eek a flashlight in a game where you're seeing things from a first-person perspective has probably NEVER been tried at all in the gaming industry!) I bet there'll be hugely epic endings where you get either A, B, or C movie sequences (or D if you suck and die somewhere in the game)! I'm so excited that I just wet myself, my chair, and the floor under my chair! This is gonna be awesome! I'm gonna go to the bathroom now to finish peeing myself in the shower!

Pfft, health packs are soooo two-thousand-and-late. It'll have health regen and this new thing that'll revolutionize the FPS genre, ammo-regen! Nothing screams survival like 5 second lapses to recharge in-between massive explosions and armies of zombies.

Pfft, health packs are soooo two-thousand-and-late. It'll have health regen and this new thing that'll revolutionize the FPS genre, ammo-regen! Nothing screams survival like 5 second lapses to recharge in-between massive explosions and armies of zombies.

You're right! That'd be totally revolutionary and just as never-before-seen as the whole first person perspective idea that they're going with! This is the most exciting idea in this thread and Activision should be paying you for your geniusness!

I'm quietly optimistic that this won't suck balls. But it probably will :p

Also, crossbows/bows aren't a fad, they've been around in games and movies for years. Rambo, Turok, Hawkeye, Wookie Bowcaster, I reckon you could go to almost any year since video games started and find some games with bows/crossbows in them.

Though admittedly The Hunger Games have brought them back in to the light since it's such a huge movie. I'm 26 years old and started archery when I was 14, quit when I was about 20 and admittedly after watching Hunger Games I thought "maybe I should dust off my bow". :p

But yeah, on the game. Honestly I really like zombie games... they've just been saturating the market, however I still think there's a place for a good zombie game. Dead Island certainly had a lot of potential.

If they can't show any actual game graphics in the game trailer, how is it possible that they're going to have a game ready to release next year? Or, maybe the game just looks so bad that they're hoping to sell it based just on the name, not the content.

Yet another Activision game I won't be playing. Besides, I'll wait for the Rambo game to play with bow and arrows (hopefully exploding arrows at that).

It's not a shooter, it's a First Person Adventure game. Just take a look what they're describing - NOT a shooter.

Yo obviously havent played BF:Bad Company 2 where the Carl G (my personal favorite btw) is an all purpose rocket launcher and is NOT situational whatsoever.

:D
Too bad in BFBC2 got Carl G so wrong.. Its a recoil less rifle not a rocket launcher.

It's not a shooter, it's a First Person Adventure game. Just take a look what they're describing - NOT a shooter.

You're right! That's even more revolutionary and never-before-done! Adventure games usually have HUGELY FLEXIBLE storylines and INFINITE replay value because, just like Mass Effect 3, you get to see a whole bunch of different (not just A, B, or C) endings and the game is totally completely different every single time you play it!

Will it be like the TV show? The first half of the game will be looking for Sophia, the second half will be looking for Carl.

Back