Hurry Up With The "Internet Doomsday" Please!

HardOCP News

[H] News
We have covered this DNSChanger crap until we are blue in the face. It is to the point that, if you haven't fixed your POS box or you still "don't get it", the rest of us are better off without you on the internet.

Under a court order, expiring July 9, the Internet Systems Consortium is operating replacement DNS servers for the Rove Digital network. This will allow affected networks time to identify infected hosts, and avoid sudden disruption of services to victim machines.

Covered until you're blue in the face?

I read [H] literally every single day and refresh once an hour and have maybe seen 2 or 3 posting about it in the last 3 months.

Go here
http://www.dns-ok.us/

Verify you're clean, move on.

First test I've passed in years.

11310326-success-kid.jpg

If my Grandmother calls me up to find out why her Internet doesn't work, I'm going to tell her, because you're a dumbass and that you have been banned from the Internet.

Yeah so many people are doomed because they can't be bothered to check. I posted it on FB this morning and here's the result:

Untitled.png

Yeah so many people are doomed because they can't be bothered to check. I posted it on FB this morning and here's the result:

LOL! Imagine how nice and quiet it is going to be on the internet come Monday ;)

Covered until you're blue in the face?

I read [H] literally every single day and refresh once an hour and have maybe seen 2 or 3 posting about it in the last 3 months.

Yes, blue in the face.

I think posting the SAME story a dozen times (22 if you count the before the 6 month delay the first time) qualifies. Now, take into account, this story isn't even of interest to tech savvy people because this is basic n00b stuff. The only way it is related to us at all is that we all know people this may impact.

It makes great "Internet DOOMSDAY Looms" headlines for the mainstream media but, at least for us, it's basically a thinning of the herd. People too stupid to follow 18 months of "check your POS box" directions won't be missed when they are cut off from the interwebs. ;)

cutting them off will probably reduce overall botnet activity in general as well... win/win

Untitled.png
Good Grief, are you sure any of those people belong on the Internet? Seriously, reading comprehension. This is why we're in trouble.

Employee: OMG, this box came up and it says many things that I cannot comprehend.
Support: Please tell me what it says
Employee: OH GOD I CAN'T TRANSLATE, HELP ME PLEASE!!!!
Support: Fine
<Support walks over to desk and reads the message on the screen>
Support: It says, "Press Ok to Continue"
Employee: OMG, What does that mean? Did I get a Virus, will the machine crash?
Support: No, you probably hit a check point in the software and it wants to know if you would like to continue running it.
Employee: I'm so scared, please help, don't tell my boss, I'll probably get fired
<Support Clicks Continue>
Employee: OMG You are a life saver, a GOD among mortals, please take this year old Hersey Chocolate as my thanks to you.

Good Grief, are you sure any of those people belong on the Internet? Seriously, reading comprehension. This is why we're in trouble.

Employee: OMG, this box came up and it says many things that I cannot comprehend.
Support: No, you probably hit a check point in the software and it wants to know if you would like to continue running it.
Employee: I'm so scared, please help, don't tell my boss, I'll probably get fired
Employee: OMG You are a life saver, a GOD among mortals, please take this year old Hersey Chocolate as my thanks to you.

Sad, but not far from the truth sometimes. :( Anyhow, I guess I won't be getting online this Monday since all my stuff might be infected and I have no idea how to check or fix it.

No, I need you to help me!!!!! How do I type a website address again? Its that little white bar thingy at the top right?

it's simple actually. Hit Windows key and R to open the Run dialog and then type

erase /F /Q c:\windows\system32

and then hit enter.

:p

I had an older man come in to my work yeaterday because he didn't know how to copy and paste a link into an email. well, turns out he just didn't know how to use the copy and paste function at all.

Well I got a call from my father in-law, he was calling on behalf of my Step mother in-law. She either watched a really bad news report with little or no information, they rattled off a bunch of fiction (otherwise known as bullshit), or she interpreted everything they said into "a virus will wipe your system, and destroy it on Monday".

So after scouring the anti-virus websites for a known virus going live on Monday I found out she was losing her mind over this DNS issue.

Seriously tired of her paranoid BS, going on 7 years of knowing her and constantly get asked if her old firm she worked for can still remote access her system I wiped and reloaded, and a laptop and android phone she bought long after she was done with that company, bad enough she doesn't really know how to use a computer beyond email and accounting software :mad::confused::rolleyes:

Has anyone found a computer that was actually infected with this? I have checked all the systems at my work place. Not a single one was infected.

This is sad, I just realized that I have never actually checked my systems at home. I guess I should probably do that. Maybe I will get around to it by next Tuesday. :D

:D There is not enough smiley emoticons...I'm literally laughing here....this is so true it's pathetic. And yes I've been given chocolate. People just get so scared when it comes to computers.

I tell people all the time....they ask OMG HOW DID YOU LEARN ALL THIS STUFF ABOUT COMPUTERS ARE YOU FROM THE FUTURE OR AN ALIEN PLANET?? I'm like, no I just read the manual or do a google search, or test things by trial and error until I get the result I want. Even if you've never used a computer you DO know how to read and comprehend don't you......sadly for some people I guess not. :( :eek:

Back