Corsair Vengeance C70 Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you like your cases to have a rugged military look or maybe you are working on an ammo box case mod, the Corsair Vengeance C70 is the case for you.

The C70 promises to deliver on build quality, cooling and other key areas but there is one distinct difference to anything we have seen from Corsair in the chassis segment so far – being marketed at the gamer the C70 does away with the sleek, elegant and minimalist approach we have seen with offerings from the Obsidian and Carbide series and instead we are greeted with the rugged and lurid styling found on the gamer case.

Not bad, but for such a case I'd want to know how rugged it actually is. Looks can be deceiving. Does it scratch easily? Shock absorbency? How fragile are those switches?

And if I wanted a transportable system, why would I go for something like this over a Shuttle or a Bitfenix?

Not bad, but for such a case I'd want to know how rugged it actually is. Looks can be deceiving. Does it scratch easily? Shock absorbency? How fragile are those switches?

And if I wanted a transportable system, why would I go for something like this over a Shuttle or a Bitfenix?

Based on the various reviews I've read since it was released - I''ve read that the handles work well - but for carrying short distances only and you should be careful to set the system down on flat surfaces because the "feet" are really metal bars with a rubber strip attached - so they can be dented in the middle by accident.

I would think that simply because of its size you would have a harder time carrying it around - it's noticeably larger than say the CM Storm Scout which I have and is at the upper limit for being an easily transportable case. The CM Storm Trooper/Stryker are about the only common cases with handles that are larger.

Personally I think it all depends on exactly what situations you are moving the case around in. If you are getting in public transportation with the thing - I'd never get a case as large as even the Scout. But, if you are taking a personal vehicle you have more time to be careful and there aren't as likely to be situations where you are dealing with being in close quarters with the general public who may not understand (or care) that you are carrying a valuable and somewhat delicate object.

In those situations even a Storm Trooper may be practical - the handles are plenty strong (and even comfortable) on the Trooper and Scout to where you could carry them as long as you upper body strength holds out!

The main issue with the Vengeance C70 is that is can't be carried one-handed - and the handles are thin and uncomfortable. This may actually contribute to it being banged around more because you won't have as firm of a grip on it. Even if you got tired with one of the other cases you could raise it up and sort of cradle the bottom with your free arm - you couldn't do that with the C70 - you could only give it a bear-hug or carry it with both hands.

In short (too late!) - IMHO if you are going to a lot of LAN parties and the like I'd get the smallest case I could fit my components in. That's what makes caases like the Prodigy & the Shuttles so nice.

Personally I am very happy that my Scout has been so easy to move from apartment to apartment and to simply pick up and work on. I will have a much harder time when I upgrade to a larger case, but I have my own reasons for that - and the Corsair Vengeance C70 in gunmetal is actually in my top 5 because of its interior volume, but I'd be wanting to mod a few things almost immediately if I got it. The fact that it has handles doesn't really play a part in why I might consider it at all!

I would be all over this if it was in a small form factor case! I think it looks pretty cool.

Based on the various reviews I've read since it was released - I''ve read that the handles work well - but for carrying short distances only and you should be careful to set the system down on flat surfaces because the "feet" are really metal bars with a rubber strip attached - so they can be dented in the middle by accident...

Much appreciated. Thanks.

Back