SWAT Raid of the Day

HardOCP News

[H] News
Get kicked from an online game? Call in SWAT. Bonus #1...the game was Minecraft. Bonus #2...hearing the police chief say the internet is "serious business." Thanks to JoeUser for the link.

Police from multiple agencies surrounded a Kingston, Wash., home Saturday after someone reported that a man had shot his 14-year-old daughter because she got pregnant. It turns out the shooting never happened and the girl didn’t exist. Police believe someone made up the story, angry about getting kicked off a gaming website.

Ugh. Minecraft players are second only to WoW addicts in representation of the "repressed, irate, nerd raging gamer" stereotype.

Has anybody seen my faith in humanity? I seem to have lost it...
The family had just become the latest victims of “swatting” – in which someone calls 911 in the hopes of getting huge police response, particularly a SWAT team.

Disconnecting the LAN cable in the vid... Priceless. :D

"I'm gonna swat yo' house! Say hey-ho to the po-po beetch!"

Classic example of folks not thinking due to never learning the lesson of CONSEQUENCES.

Happens a lot with younger people.

Us 'older types' learnt it by testing our parents limits till we got a good thrashing. Didn't have to happen too often before we learnt to think "Hmm if I do that...what might happen as a result?"

What's with my state lately?! Between the face eating and this, I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. I'm getting a green card and going to Canada. :(

Classic example of folks not thinking due to never learning the lesson of CONSEQUENCES.

Happens a lot with younger people.

Us 'older types' learnt it by testing our parents limits till we got a good thrashing. Didn't have to happen too often before we learnt to think "Hmm if I do that...what might happen as a result?"

You can't beat your kids anymore because the "smart" psychologists says it will lower their self esteem and make them sad. The F*CK it will. That's the whole point of a beating!
You can't teach a kid that fire is hot if they never burnt themselves and all they've ever heard is you spewing that fire is hot.

;)

Swatting is the modus operandi of convicted felon and leftist activist Brett Kimberlin. Aaron Walker was aware of the previous swattings of Patrick "Patterico" Frey, Erick Erickson, and Mike Stack. Mr. Walker asked the police if someone had called and claimed that he had killed his wife. Prince William County, Virginia police confirmed that was the case.

You can't beat your kids anymore because the "smart" psychologists says it will lower their self esteem and make them sad. The F*CK it will. That's the whole point of a beating!
You can't teach a kid that fire is hot if they never burnt themselves and all they've ever heard is you spewing that fire is hot.

;)

I can count on one hand the number of good hidings I got from my parents when I was young.

If you are smart you learn fast how to avoid getting into those situations. You learn to think it through. You learn how far you can take things before crap comes back at you.

Nowadays kids have no boundaries and it leads up to one of them stabbing another kid dead and then it's "Wahh wahhhhh it's not my fault! I didn't mean to kill him!"

Or some kids dad taking a 5.56 round through his skull from a SWAT team.

What the fuck. That call must have been really convincing. AND really what is up with kids nowadays?? Like the rest of you said, a good ass-whooping would really fix some of these deviants.

What the fuck. That call must have been really convincing. AND really what is up with kids nowadays?? Like the rest of you said, a good ass-whooping would really fix some of these deviants.

It wasn't a call. The article says it was a hearing impaired TTY device thingey that was being used to send messages.

maybe the cops should have done some, whats it called, oh yeah fucking police work instead of sending swat in at the drop of a hat.

Ugh. Minecraft players are second only to WoW addicts in representation of the "repressed, irate, nerd raging gamer" stereotype.

I remember reading about people getting stabbing to death over Counter Strike. How many people actually got hurt over that game?

One of the biggest problems with the gaming community is that it's filled with scum. WoW has lots of them, that's why Blizzard wanted to reveal players real names at one point. It got to the point of harassment, and Blizzard wanted to remove that anonymous curtain that people hide behind.

If there's ever a reason why women don't play online games is because of this. Too many guys running around demoralizing everyone in their path. If they find out you're a women it's like giving them the green light. We really need to clean up our community.

Yep, some folks just go way too long in life before someone just says "No!" to them.

Then they cant handle it.

Swatting is the modus operandi of convicted felon and leftist activist Brett Kimberlin. Aaron Walker was aware of the previous swattings of Patrick "Patterico" Frey, Erick Erickson, and Mike Stack. Mr. Walker asked the police if someone had called and claimed that he had killed his wife. Prince William County, Virginia police confirmed that was the case.

Reading about the Pat Frey case was pretty disturbing given the lack of follow up by authorities. It's like they don't care.

I'm surprised the kid in the video didn't have his dog shot as is usually the case with police raids.

What's with my state lately?! Between the face eating and this, I don't wanna live on this planet anymore. I'm getting a green card and going to Canada. :(

The face eating happened in Florida, this happened in Washington.

The face eating happened in Florida, this happened in Washington.

That's odd...I could have sworn there was an incident in Spanaway, WA pretty recently that was weirdly similar. It was in local news or something, but maybe I've lost my mind.

That's odd...I could have sworn there was an incident in Spanaway, WA pretty recently that was weirdly similar. It was in local news or something, but maybe I've lost my mind.

Well there was that psycho that shot up a coffee shop.

Nope, blew his brains out when he got cornered by the cops.

Oh yeah, that's right. I remember thinking how nice it was that he would spare the courts the time of giving him a fair trial when he was obviously guilty. :)

I can count on one hand the number of good hidings I got from my parents when I was young.

If you are smart you learn fast how to avoid getting into those situations. You learn to think it through. You learn how far you can take things before crap comes back at you.

Nowadays kids have no boundaries and it leads up to one of them stabbing another kid dead and then it's "Wahh wahhhhh it's not my fault! I didn't mean to kill him!"

Or some kids dad taking a 5.56 round through his skull from a SWAT team.

It's been my experience that a lot of folks only reprimand their children when the kid inconveniences them. The lesson to the child is: don't piss off mom or dad and I can do whatever I want.

I see this all the time where I live.

maybe the cops should have done some, whats it called, oh yeah fucking police work instead of sending swat in at the drop of a hat.

cant blame the police here just the idiot that called them. they acted appropriate and no one was hurt. if it were a real situation then you would have to wait for backup to arrive. its like youre saying if your house was on fire and you called the fire dept to put it out that they should send some guy to ride by to see if your house was actually on fire in the first place before they ordered a full response

I'm wondering how these kids < 18 are getting away with this whole SWATTING crap in the first place.

There was that guy that ate the family dog alive while high on synthetic cannabis in Texas.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/06/28/texas-man-attacks-eats-dog-and-growls-at-neighbour-in-drug-fuelled-rage-police/

Yuck! People are stupid enough without drugs. They really don't need the extra nudge because it pushes them into doing really insane stuff.

and they have no idea where the call came from?

The article said it was from a person in Canada and they weren't sure about prosecution so it's probably fair to say they know who did it. (which kinda makes me wonder if there really is a safe planet on which to live if I leave this one)

It's been my experience that a lot of folks only reprimand their children when the kid inconveniences them. The lesson to the child is: don't piss off mom or dad and I can do whatever I want.

It was that way when I grew up. Not a big fan of corporal punishment because of how I was raised. But I do believe it has it merits. But there is a difference between punishing a kid for a accident or for just plain not knowing as apposed to doing something they know is wrong and doing it anyways.

Living in fear of your parents isn't a way to go through childhood. You want your kids to love and respect you and listen to what you are saying. You want to teach them that their are repercussions for doing bad things. There is a line there.

What do you mean by "inconveniences them." I'm just asking because there is a wide range of what some people consider inconvenient. Are we talking about tracking mud through the house, asking questions once in a while, asking questions non-stop sometimes repeating the same questions, or leaving something out once, leaving tons of stuff out constantly?

Are you arguing that children are supposed to be able to piss off mom and dad w/o reprimands?

I think we need to use more precise wording and detail when it comes to important topics like this, just to prevent flames etc. I'm not quite sure where you were going with your post since it leaves much to personal interpretations.

How great of the cops to assume someone is guilty instead of first doing some investigation. :rolleyes: If the father made an accidental sudden move, the SWAT team would've littered the house w/ bullets, probably killing an innocent family in the process. Just really pathetic. :mad:

oh come on, any excuse to get tacticool and kick in someones door is a good enough excuse. If they murdered everyone in the house because they "thought they might of had a gun" they would of won a couple of paid weeks off from work.

How great of the cops to assume someone is guilty instead of first doing some investigation. :rolleyes: If the father made an accidental sudden move, the SWAT team would've littered the house w/ bullets, probably killing an innocent family in the process. Just really pathetic. :mad:

... seriously?

I hope to god if I ever need to make an emergency call that the cops don't "do some investigation" first. When you call 911 to report an emergency, the whole fucking point is that they respond as quickly as possible. Yeah, that means they waste their time occasionally, but it beats them jerking around for half an hour while some maniac does whatever they want.

. its like youre saying if your house was on fire and you called the fire dept to put it out that they should send some guy to ride by to see if your house was actually on fire in the first place before they ordered a full response

No it's like saying that someone else said your house was on fire, which it isn't. Then fire department shows up kicks in your door and floods your house with water, while threatening to drown people with their fire hose. All while your house wasn't on fire, they never saw any fire, and there wasn't a fire in the neighborhood. Then they pack up and say "well, we got this call from the internet, it's serious business, nobody got hurt so it's a win! lols!" then you have to deal with your flooded house with the kicked in doors and ruined property while you get the water out of your lungs.

Back