Louis C.K. Strikes Again With Cheap Tickets!

HardOCP News

[H] News
We support this guy because he gives you cheap, DRM free content by cutting out the middle man and he is hilarious! Well, Louis C.K. is at it again! This time around he making every ticket to every show only $45. No extra fees or taxes. Get you some.

Hi. I'm going on tour all over America, or at least some of it. Tickets for this tour are available EXCLUSIVELY here on louisck.com. Tickets are 45 dollars, every seat, every City. That includes all taxes and fees. You don't have to join anything and you don't have to hear from me again unless you want to. Just cheap tickets to see me do an all new bunch of jokes. See you on the road, bitches.

If there was a show even remotely close I would buy tickets now.. This guy is awesome.

Is $45 cheap for a ticket to a show? I guess I don't go to many concerts/shows these days...

Is $45 cheap for a ticket to a show? I guess I don't go to many concerts/shows these days...

When I saw George Carlin ages ago it was almost $68 a ticket and if you adjusted for inflation then it would be close to a $100 now. Believe me , Louis isn't charging much at all plus they won't change depending on location. He's promising it'll be $45 flat charge anywhere you want to see him live.

I can buy tickets for both shows at the Paramount, but the site says Washington tickets are unavailable on the site? I hope that means District of Corruptumbia.

I can buy tickets for both shows at the Paramount, but the site says Washington tickets are unavailable on the site? I hope that means District of Corruptumbia.

Did you read the link? It has an update :

WASHINGTON: Due to unforeseen circumstances, we've taken the Washington shows off sale temporarily. They'll be back on sale as soon as possible. Please bear with us.

Oops, yea. Just Washington DC tickets are unavailable. Woo!

He's not my favorite comedian, but I hope he makes a shitload of money doing this. With the resources available today, the only reason to go through something like ticketmaster should be to reduce costs not increase them. It's so nice to see someone telling them to get bent and doing it their own way.

From my limited experience pricing depends as much or more region / venue than even the fame of the artist after a certain level of notoriety is reached. The only comedy clubs within a 50 mile radius that are not exclusively open mike night hacks are three different Improv chain clubs. Prices are $15-35 (even most big name comics are rarely much more than $25. Christopher Titus and Lewis Black were about $20 while Damon Wayans was $35 so go figure) plus a two drink minimum. Move the venue from a "club" to any of the several local theaters and the price for a crappy seat jumps to $30-$75 plus fees, plus fees, plus fees, plus fees for fees on fees.

When I saw George Carlin ages ago it was almost $68 a ticket and if you adjusted for inflation then it would be close to a $100 now. Believe me , Louis isn't charging much at all plus they won't change depending on location. He's promising it'll be $45 flat charge anywhere you want to see him live.

For me Carlin tickets used to be $50-$150 before scalper / fees at a public auditorium. But when he came by the college I was attending to rough out his acts for the various HBO specials it was either a flat $5 or $10 which rocked.

This is awesome. I fraking hate ticketbastard.

Next to free tickets and transportation, the best is blocking Ticketmaster from collecting a fee. Sometimes if you call up the venue's box office directly and tell them Ticketmaster is being aggravating/ not processing your order well (which is generally true enough) the box office will sell tickets directly with no add on fees

(stupid front page news not allowing edits to condense comments)

Last comedy show I tried to go to was Mitch Hedberg in Phoenix..... He canceled his show and then died a few days later. It was 35 bucks.

/\
cool story bro.

Very, A headliner like Louis CK here in Vegas would cost upwards of $125-$200. Daniel Tosh tickets get insanely expensive here.

The majority of that goes to the "promoter", just like the labels take all the music money.

If it seems expensive to you then remember that Louis CK also doesn't horde the money. He gives quite a bit of it to charity and employees/etc. Basically, he's doing what he did with the DVD special, cutting out the middlemen so you get cheaper shows/tickets, charities get some money and real workers get paid.

So Louis C.K. set aside $250,000 to cover the cost of the expenses of producing the special, then doled out another $250,000 in bonuses for his staffers.
He then donated $280,000 to five charities: The Fistula Foundation, The Pablove Foundation, charity: water, Kiva and Green Chimneys.
"I was going to [donate] $100,000, but it's like blackjack -- I just kept dishing it out," he told Fallon.
That leaves $220,000 left over.
"Some of that will pay my rent and will care for my childen [sic]. The rest I will do terrible, horrible things with and none of that is any of your business," Louis C.K. wrote in a statement posted on his website.

Steve is right. Support these things :)

Louis C.K. is a class act and one funny mother fucker. For those who are not familiar with his work, I give you this FX advertisement gem. Seriously NSFW. :p :D

This would have been a good deal, until I watched his most recent self-hosted/promoted download for $5. And it wasn't even worth the $5. He used to be funny, now he's just...not funny.

Depends who's going, but either way you get places like Ticketwhores er master, who charges a processing fee, a convenience fee, then a fee to have you print out your own ticket... could add up to $10 PER TICKET, so at the end of the day, not too horrible.

IDK who this L.C.K is, but I like how he thinks. Only use a middle man if you need them.

And no, I didn't read the article yet.:p

I forwarded my girlfriend the email and she walks in here with the two tickets she printed a while ago! :D
(You just print them out as they are serialized, Nice!)

Looking forward to seeing him at the Riverside Theater in Milwaukee for a third time.
If you don't think he is funny you left your sense of humor at home!

I think it's pretty cheap for a comedy show, but they cost a lot more than concerts. Most artists charge $15-30 for concerts, unless it's a really big/popular band.

Alright, thanks guys.

I wondered because the concerts I had been to (even big-name bands) had only ever been around $30 or so at the most, but I've certainly seen some shows with $100+ tickets. Not that I'd ever pay that myself.

I think it's pretty cheap for a comedy show, but they cost a lot more than concerts. Most artists charge $15-30 for concerts, unless it's a really big/popular band.

I'm thinking that the higher cost would have to do with the fact that he had to shop around to find venues that would let him tell TicketFrakker to go frak themselves.

I used to listen to this guy back in the day he was quite entertaining. That was until I heard him saying something about raping our dead daughters in a field at which point I concluded this guy wasn't worth listening too any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a barrel of laughs but I draw the line at raping dead daughters Louis. - good luck with that.

I used to listen to this guy back in the day he was quite entertaining. That was until I heard him saying something about raping our dead daughters in a field at which point I concluded this guy wasn't worth listening too any more. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a barrel of laughs but I draw the line at raping dead daughters Louis. - good luck with that.
I think he said smth like he woulnd't actualy kill for this,just if it happend to walk around in a field or something and find a dead body on the ground :)) most of his jokes are like this,he even mentioned he likes to see peoples reaction when hearing him say weired stuff . I guess its all about where u draw the line on comedy, but 90% of comedians are vulgar and 99% of what they say they dont actualy do. His last show i saw was just not funny,but everything prior to that was just plain hilarious.

I love Louis C.K.! He is hilarious and I hate the BS fees these ticket processing places charge. $10 processing fee plus tax, plus tax on the fee jacking up my tickets an extra $15-$20. Louis C.K. Is doing a great service to people by selling the tickets directly. He's got a new season of Louie on FX on Thursdays.

yes.. go go Louis! this effort is phenomenal I think... hope its setting a good example to the whores..

got 2 for Tampa.. 5 th row! sweet! cant wait

He's an edgy comic but you can't take what he says seriously , its comedy. I doubt anyone would give a shit about him if he was just constantly doing the usual drull crap that many road comics spew across the country. You need to leave your moral's at the door when you see comics like Louis :cool:

I watched this guy on YouTube and I guess I am too old for his jokes or something. He was mildly entertaining but very far from hilariously funny.

Agreed, his last special wasn't amazing. Well at first it was a bit slow... but it wasn't until the last 30 minutes that it got real good.

Trust me, he's still funny. I just watched him being interviewed on Leno, and damn he's funny! By far my favorite newcomer comedian in the last 5 years.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/374428

Back