Kickstarter Exposed As Internet Scam!

lol onion
i wonder how many people will fall for this

Yet another hard-hitting piece of investigative journalism from The Onion! I'm glad they finally got behind the Iron Curtain of Kickstarter to blow the lid off this horrible scam.

that post is more like a sketch for SNL or a basic outline for a show of 30 Rock. It was just funny.

that post is more like a sketch for SNL or a basic outline for a show of 30 Rock. It was just funny.

That's kind of what The Onion is all about. For example. "Jurisprudence fetishist gets off on a technicality." That was the title of an article, and I didn't even need to read it. The title was funny enough for me.

"FBI Estimates 94% of Kickstarter Projects Complete Shit"

Excellent for a Tuesday afternoon lol. :D

News: Life is a scam!:eek:

The trick is to find a scam where all parties are content with their lot!:p

Almost. Almost as bad. As bad, As, Child Molestering. If you do not agree, listen to Dr Sourz album. IT WILL MOLESTER U EARZ.

Then funny in general must fail you ;)

Those videos were both funny as hell.

IDK, I have a morbid sense of humor, I been annoyed at current commercials that tried to be funny. Seriously the whole OMG/ONOZ "I'm a stupid person" stuff is well, just that.
Just watch the "can somebody get me the Florida Keys car commercial".

IDK, I have a morbid sense of humor, I been annoyed at current commercials that tried to be funny. Seriously the whole OMG/ONOZ "I'm a stupid person" stuff is well, just that.
Just watch the "can somebody get me the Florida Keys car commercial".

I like the PCMatic commericals! :)

hahahah, gotta love the onion

"They're not as bad as child molesters.....but they're close"

The only line I took offence to is "They're not as bad as child molestors, but they're close." That is just one topic you shouldn't joke about.

oh please, dude. that won't somebody think of the children line is just silly and irrational and that makes it funny. u getting old?

Great stuff...;) While I was watching I said to myself--this has *got* to be the onion--Yep, it was! LoL...I will admit that for 10% of the time the clip took to watch they did have me wondering, though...;)

I guarantee the next kickstarter project that gets any attention here will have a good number of people cry sincerely about how kickstarter is a scam and tell you not to donate. This will lose kickstarter projects money.

I guarantee the next kickstarter project that gets any attention here will have a good number of people cry sincerely about how kickstarter is a scam and tell you not to donate. This will lose kickstarter projects money.

The last Kickstarter was that Ringbow thing and I'm pretty sure people didn't give money to it because the idea is kinda stupid until they make it vibrate and fit on something other than a finger.

It's just comedy. I think it will probably draw in enough people to the Kickstarter idea to cancel out those that think the video wasn't satire.

The only line I took offence to is "They're not as bad as child molestors, but they're close." That is just one topic you shouldn't joke about.

pedobear-disapproval.jpg

The last Kickstarter was that Ringbow thing and I'm pretty sure people didn't give money to it because the idea is kinda stupid until they make it vibrate and fit on something other than a finger.

There's a difference between a bad idea that won't go anywhere and a complete fraud. I mean if I start a kickstarter project selling gourmet lemonade at a lemonade stand. If I actually build a stand and offer some special blended lemonade, the investors knew th risk deserve what they get when it flops.

If I lie about building it and forge proof, that is fraud.

And although I believe most kickstarter projects are destine to be flops, that's not fraud.

There's a difference between a bad idea that won't go anywhere and a complete fraud. I mean if I start a kickstarter project selling gourmet lemonade at a lemonade stand. If I actually build a stand and offer some special blended lemonade, the investors knew th risk deserve what they get when it flops.

If I lie about building it and forge proof, that is fraud.

And although I believe most kickstarter projects are destine to be flops, that's not fraud.

Huh? I thought we were laughing together about the video not taking life all super seriously with a stiff upper lip.

Back