MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 3GB

HardOCP News

[H] News
For those of you looking for a new AMD based video card, there is a review of the MSI Radeon HD 7950 Twin Frozr III 3GB posted at eTeknix today worth checking out.

The overclock on the core clock to 880MHz from a standard 800MHz has certainly left this card oozing with power and performance, without taking hindrance when it comes to acoustics, power consumption and temperatures, and that all comes down to the fantastic Twin Frozr III cooling solution.

They should have over clocked it a little and spanked that Hercules GTX 670 in 3dMark11. Didn't care for the review.

No real over clocking using the MSI Afterburner sofware and no PCB photos made the review dry to me.

I keep reading about GTX 670 and GTX 680 being more power efficient but in that review the HD7950 were more power consumption friendly.

I keep reading about GTX 670 and GTX 680 being more power efficient but in that review the HD7950 were more power consumption friendly.

That would be because the default voltage is lower on the 7950, and you would need to increase the voltage in order to overclock the card enough to get in reach of a 670 or 680 which means power consumption would go up quickly as well. That being said, I don't know, there are plenty of other reviews that show the power consumption lower than a 7950 even at stock voltage.

, I don't know, there are plenty of other reviews that show the power consumption lower than a 7950 even at stock voltage.

That was what I was getting to.

Strange that this review had positive power usage for HD7950.

That was what I was getting to.

Strange that this review had positive power usage for HD7950.

Well you know how web reviews are, I would never rely on just one because they all seem to vary some and occasionally some stray from the norm.

Back