Google: Government Requests To Censor Content "Alarming"

HardOCP News

[H] News
I like how Google makes it sound like this is "alarming" news. Various governments trying to censor free speech on the internet? No way! :rolleyes:

In its twice-yearly Transparency Report, the world's largest web search engine said the requests were aimed at having some 12,000 items overall removed, about a quarter more than during the first half of last year. Many of those requests targeted political speech, keeping up a trend Google said it has noticed since it started releasing its Transparency Report in 2010.

The more you tighten your grip, goverment leaders , the more star systems will slip through your fingers.

Wouldnt really call it obscure, but it is Star Wars.

Leia says it to Tarkin on the death star.

In other news, Google complied with Chinese laws rather than pull out of the country like they said they would.

Sounds to me like Google's sore about being sued left and right about privacy and wifi violations everywhere that they feel the need to lash back somehow.

Not to say they're wrong, but..

Wouldnt really call it obscure, but it is Star Wars.

Leia says it to Tarkin on the death star.

I never saw that, I got as far as 1, saw a bit of 2, and then decided that this kind of film wasn't for me...I'm guessing by 4 it's fucking terrible. :D (hehe)

Whatever, Google is so in bed with all major governments that coming from them this means less than nothing.

I never saw that, I got as far as 1, saw a bit of 2, and then decided that this kind of film wasn't for me...I'm guessing by 4 it's fucking terrible. :D (hehe)

Originals > prequels (eps1 -3)

In my mind the prequels never happened.... i 'd rather re-read the Timothy zhan sequel trilogy.

In other news i saw an article somewhere that said they took down 600 videos promoting terrorism last year.... i don't see that as censorship since terrorism is bad mhmmmk ?

It's very obscure. Star Wars isn't exactly mainstream these days.

Not that obscure. I got the Star Wars reference right away and so did a few others. I think obscure would be making an Indiana Jones reference from the original movies. While people do sometimes watch the original star wars saga, not so sure about the original Indiana Jones saga though those movies are still decent films.

4 and 5 were the good ones. Can't really say the same about 6. 6 has a lot more in common with 1 & 2. But you need 6 for closure.

I would recommend watching 4, 5 & 6 and forget the rest. At least don't touch 1, 2, or 3 right away to wreck your enjoyment of 4 & 5.

Not that obscure. I got the Star Wars reference right away and so did a few others. I think obscure would be making an Indiana Jones reference from the original movies. While people do sometimes watch the original star wars saga, not so sure about the original Indiana Jones saga though those movies are still decent films.

Yeah, compared to Indiana Jones, there's more Star Wars fans around. However, it is something that's slowly fading from popular culture. For the gaming industry, that's probably a good thing. I'm sick of seeing really lame games that get Star Wars branding slapped on them just so they'll sell.

Hey Kyle, we need a temp-ban over here til someone goes and gets culture-ified. :)

Back