FCC May Take Up Issue of Cell Phone Radiation

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The FCC could consider a request to revisit the issue of cellphone radiation if the commissioners agree on the request from FCC Chairman Julius Genachowski. The request is in response to several recent studies on cellphone radiation and would be a reaffirmation of the standards set forth by the FCC in 1996.

In May 2011 the World Health Organization added cell phone radiation to a list of possible carcinogens, putting it in the same category as lead, chloroform and coffee, and said more study is needed.

You're all gonna die of brain cancer if you talk on your phone! You're all gonna die of hip/leg/groin cancer if you carry your phone at your side or in a pocket. You're all gonna get armpit cancer if you carry it in a purse under your arm.

Alternatively, you can get killed in a car accident and I don't see the WHO listing the front bumper of a car as a possible source of fatal blunt force trauma. Nor does it identify a BIC mechanical pencil as a possible source of impalement when I carry it in my front pocket.

On a serious note, it would be nice to know if my Blackberry is going to someday get revenge for all those insults I throw at it by giving me a lovely brain tumor.

Spoons made me fat!

Oh, that's right, using a spoon too much made me fat. Get the fucking phone away from your head and maybe you won't cook your brain.

Honestly, it amazes me how many people I see walking around jabbering away on a cellphone for what seems like hours at a stretch.

Holy shit need to have a committee to talk about the upcoming proposition to understand if a potential study on the ramifications of pushing forward for an extensive look at underlying causes of potential radiation from a cell phone?

Here's an idea, we have universities all through the damn country, good ones too, lots of labs, lots of equipment, lots of cell phones, how about we simply throw a few thousand bucks in grant money out there, let MANY colleges do the study, no one related to the cell industry, or cancer institutes, or any of that shit that could potentially bias any results and just see what that shows

You're all gonna die of brain cancer if you talk on your phone! You're all gonna die of hip/leg/groin cancer if you carry your phone at your side or in a pocket. You're all gonna get armpit cancer if you carry it in a purse under your arm.

Alternatively, you can get killed in a car accident and I don't see the WHO listing the front bumper of a car as a possible source of fatal blunt force trauma. Nor does it identify a BIC mechanical pencil as a possible source of impalement when I carry it in my front pocket.

On a serious note, it would be nice to know if my Blackberry is going to someday get revenge for all those insults I throw at it by giving me a lovely brain tumor.

Spoons made me fat!

Oh, that's right, using a spoon too much made me fat. Get the fucking phone away from your head and maybe you won't cook your brain.

Honestly, it amazes me how many people I see walking around jabbering away on a cellphone for what seems like hours at a stretch.

You guys slay me!!! ROFLMAO!!

Let the vicious cycle begin! Here goes yet another flood of wasted taxpayer money, and in another 5 years or so they'll waste even more and disprove the verdict of this round. Rinse and repeat

Meh, we know cell phones have some effect on brain activity, but don't know if it's good, bad or indifferent. I think it's worth researching the matter, after all, that's what research is, trying to find and characterise useful information that we don't know or understand.

If cell phones cause brain tumors, then brain tumors should be common in women.

If a woman has a brain tumor, how could you tell?

So it's in the same category as lead, but they need to discuss possibly looking into this as a more serious study?

Wake up and smell the carcinogens...I mean coffee!

Holy shit need to have a committee to talk about the upcoming proposition to understand if a potential study on the ramifications of pushing forward for an extensive look at underlying causes of potential radiation from a cell phone?

Here's an idea, we have universities all through the damn country, good ones too, lots of labs, lots of equipment, lots of cell phones, how about we simply throw a few thousand bucks in grant money out there, let MANY colleges do the study, no one related to the cell industry, or cancer institutes, or any of that shit that could potentially bias any results and just see what that shows

What?! And ruin the corporate subsidized state?! Are you mad?! :rolleyes:

Back