German Court Jails Movie Website Founder

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The Germans, it seems, are serious about protecting copyrights of movies and TV programs within its jurisdiction. The founder of Kino.to has been sentenced to four-and-a-half years in jail and fined $4.7 million dollars. At the height of Kino’s operation, the site was generating four million visits a day. Looks like the German people are as passionate about downloading illegal content as the court system is to prosecute. :D

Kino.to was far better known in Germany than Megaupload, the file-sharing site created by another German, Kim Dotcom. He is facing trial in Auckland, New Zealand

So RIAA/MPAA have managed to install a puppet government in Germany just like they have in the United States, I see.

You have it backwards. They will instate a puppet goverment after bribing the current bunch of corrupt fools gets too pricey.

He made well over $4.7 Million off the web site. I don't feel sorry for him at all , trying to profit off of copyright material = fuckhead.

Ah, my mistake. The good news is that if there's more global economic decline, bribery might stay pretty inexpensive for a while. :)

He made well over $4.7 Million off the web site. I don't feel sorry for him at all , trying to profit off of copyright material = fuckhead.

Don't spoil the stupidity with sensible, rational information! This is a forum!

I bet I could walk up to a random person in Germany, headbutt them to the ground and piss on them, and get less jail time. How fucked up is that ?

I bet I could walk up to a random person in Germany, headbutt them to the ground and piss on them, and get less jail time. How fucked up is that ?

That depends entirely on whether or not you'll actually get less jail time or not. Given that punishments are judged on a case-by-case basis using evidence presented during the trial any range of penalties could or could not be applied.

Germany is the land of the Scheiße Video... pissing on them is like a Casual Friday at work here in the states..

Dont be so eager to condemn him, they are checking at the moment if he even made so much money with kino.to.

Don't spoil the stupidity with sensible, rational information! This is a forum!

Cept there was no mention of his massive financial gains you seem to think he got.. Not saying he didn't, but jumping to conclusions sounds just as stupid.

In any case, that's only talking about the money he's might've got. Then theres jail time. But hey sensibility and all that junk right?

Cept there was no mention of his massive financial gains you seem to think he got.. Not saying he didn't, but jumping to conclusions sounds just as stupid.

In any case, that's only talking about the money he's might've got. Then theres jail time. But hey sensibility and all that junk right?

You...you actually read the article. :( You read it before commenting on it. I don't think that's allowed.

Interestingly, the down-loaders need not fear the law as they can plead innocent due to that fact that the site failed to provide them with end user licence terms and conditions. The down-loader could have believed that the media distribution service was legitimate, paid for by adverts, or non-contested as with YouTube.:D

Back