What Will Apple Announce on Monday?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
This week the spotlight was on the E3 and next week the spotlight turns to Apple’s WWDC. Monday will be the keynote presentation that will set the tone for what will be introduced and what will not. Speculation runs high, but in reality, little is known for sure.

This year's WWDC keynote will most likely bring us software-related announcements — iOS 6 and perhaps the iTV platform. There is a chance that we'll see some redesigned laptops as well.

All I care about is an LTE (aka real 4G) iPhone. Given that the iPhone is Apple's bread and butter right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Another POS we've seen before in a different form. Probably "i-ternet" with "revolutionary iPv6 support"!!!111

All I care about is an LTE (aka real 4G) iPhone. Given that the iPhone is Apple's bread and butter right now, I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen.

Hell, even Windows Phone beat the iPhone to LTE, but when it comes to all the stuff being touted in phones the days, dual-cores, NFC, super dense displays, if you're in an area with LTE this is by far and away the biggest deal. I got my Lumia 900 a couple of months ago and LTE radically changes the usefulness of phones away from a hotspot. The main difference is that I use the web and web searches MUCH more now because instead of things usually being flaky they now tend to work almost everywhere, at least in an LTE area, even elevators.

Hell, even Windows Phone beat the iPhone to LTE, but when it comes to all the stuff being touted in phones the days, dual-cores, NFC, super dense displays, if you're in an area with LTE this is by far and away the biggest deal. I got my Lumia 900 a couple of months ago and LTE radically changes the usefulness of phones away from a hotspot. The main difference is that I use the web and web searches MUCH more now because instead of things usually being flaky they now tend to work almost everywhere, at least in an LTE area, even elevators.

it really does change things, which is why the Verizon customers doing everything they can to keep unlimited 4G data makes even more sense.....it's so much a part of what makes these things work that it is worth protecting

where i live i have pretty much limitless 4G data coverage, between home and work and even in certain parts of the building at work, if i had to go back to 3G data it would be horribly crippling

In today's news...there will be news on Monday! :)

That iOS Phone will be the last major smart phone OS to get LTE and it will be magic! The reason why Apple is the biggest company on the planet right now. When they are slow or make mistakes no one really cares at this point.

Well, if the trend continues...

Apple-Products_o_91099.jpg

I'm expecting some insanely great screens.

The rumors are for 4.1" at 1136 x 640, nothing all that interesting when compared to Android and even Windows Phone 8 is expect to go to full 720P. But I'm not a resolution Nazi, I think the Retia display on the iPad that isn't called the 3 is nice but has as many down sides as up. But of course most people don't understand that as you raise resolution you have to raise GPU power and while people might get resolution GPU power, WTF is that? MO PIXALS!

That iOS Phone will be the last major smart phone OS to get LTE and it will be magic! The reason why Apple is the biggest company on the planet right now. When they are slow or make mistakes no one really cares at this point.

I'm pretty sure ExxonMobil is the biggest company on the planet. I searched online and it looks like Apple is #43. That is going by annual revenue. If you are talking about the most people employed it looks like Walmart is the biggest non-government company.

a laptop with a decent resolution....

what a novel idea.... (and people wonder why the hell Apple is so successful these days...)

Your lips smells of Tim Cook's asshole.

Your lips smells of Tim Cook's asshole.

The drama is strong in this one :D.

On a serious note. I'm curious about iOS6, if its still the same without too many changes I might move over to a Galaxy S3, that 50gb for 2years with dropbox seems like a good deal.
The One X by HTC also another good pick. Damn you android fragmentation :mad:.

I'm hoping for double-resolution laptops I love the ipad 3 screen. Not needing to rely on (or at least much less noticible) red and green "cleartype" pixels for smooth looking text will be nice.

I want new Mac Pros! mines dated but it's still a beast. Two 2.4GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon Westmere procs dedicated for x264 encoding and holding my iTunes library.

[H] Apple haters: "Even if they are the first company to mass produce the high-res laptops, they didn't invent anything and only sugar coated what's already available!".

Front Page [H] news in the next few months: "Dell, HP, Asus, Samsung, Acer, and Toshiba announces laptops with high-res displays".

[H] Apple haters: "Even if they are the first company to mass produce the high-res laptops, they didn't invent anything and only sugar coated what's already available!".

Front Page [H] news in the next few months: "Dell, HP, Asus, Samsung, Acer, and Toshiba announces laptops with high-res displays".

2/10 troll points (I'm sure someone will take the bait.)

2/10 troll points (I'm sure someone will take the bait.)

Sorry, but he has a point.

People who are buying the SGSIII (American Version) and are content with what they are getting, are huge hypocrites... because it is...____ OS.

Technically, 4G = 1 Gbit/s and LTE is much much less than that. There are no 4G phones and anyone selling you 4G anything has no idea what the hell that means. The people that buy 4G stuff know even less.

People who are buying the SGSIII (American Version) and are content with what they are getting, are huge hypocrites... because it is...____ OS.

No, he doesn't have a point. Apple doesn't make the displays, Samsung and LG do.

Technically, 4G = 1 Gbit/s and LTE is much much less than that. There are no 4G phones and anyone selling you 4G anything has no idea what the hell that means. The people that buy 4G stuff know even less.

No, he doesn't have a point. Apple doesn't make the displays, Samsung and LG do.

And why would Samsung and LG make them? Because Apple pays them to.

Great...

What does that have to do with his quote again?

[H] Apple haters: "Even if they are the first company to mass produce the high-res laptops, they didn't invent anything and only sugar coated what's already available!"

Again, they didn't mass produce anything. Samsung/LG did. They contracted someone else (Samsung/LG) to mass produce them and then sold them at high quantities.

If you don't get what makes that a troll post then you're not paying much attention to the broader context in which it exists. Stop being offended by the individual blades of grass and back up to have a look at the entire front lawn.

Again, they didn't mass produce anything. Samsung/LG did. They contracted someone else (Samsung/LG) to mass produce them and then sold them at high quantities.

Where's Samsung and LG's laptops with retina display? Please link them.

Where's Samsung and LG's laptops with retina display? Please link them.

There's currently very little market for them outside of Apple devices. What you're seeing is a fundamenta difference in the average person buying a PC versus the average person buying a PC with an Apple logo. The non-Apple buyers (outside of the small percentage of enthusiasts) buy based on a principal of spending the least number of dollars to obtain the ability to perform a set of functions. Apple buyers have an entirely different psychology because their purchase represents rebellion, individualism, or other intangiable things driving them to desire bullet points that make a particular consumer electronics purchase "better" in their mind than another device that fills the same functional need. Screen resolution that eliminates the ability of the human eye to discern individual pixels really doesn't add anything to core functionality, but the Apple buyer will desire it because its another way their PC is better in their mind so the costs and personal emotional voids are filled.

If you don't get what makes that a troll post then you're not paying much attention to the broader context in which it exists. Stop being offended by the individual blades of grass and back up to have a look at the entire front lawn.

You haven't been here very long, I see; so I understand. What he is stating is a typical [H] user towards anything Apple, when they come out with something that other companies haven't yet.

Back