Last.fm Passwords Leaked

HardOCP News

[H] News
Move over LinkedIn and eHarmony, Last.fm is joining the leaked password party. Seriously, what in the hell is going on this week? :confused:

We are currently investigating the leak of some Last.fm user passwords. This follows recent password leaks on other sites, as well as information posted online. As a precautionary measure, we’re asking all our users to change their passwords immediately.

Last.fm is a shitty service, and I'm sorry I signed up for it.

Password changed.

I'm sure we're going to hear soon that, again!, the Sony Playstation Network was also hacked. :p

A convenient rouse to pass MORE legislation to regulate the internet MORE, perhaps? /justsayin

Good the the email associated with it has a different password. I never trust these sites to secure my password

eharmony huh? Lots of dating profiles exposed?

were these leaks all linked with facebook or something?

Crap. Realizing I use my last.fm e-mail/password combo in countless places. They are low risk ones. But still. PITA.

Wait till cloud servers get hacked. That's going to happen sooner or later.

Yea, I wouldn't be surprised if/when it happens. Sooo many sites getting hacked lately.. wonder who's next. :)

That's why I'll never upload anything to a cloud that is important that I didn't encrypt myself before upload.

what are they gonna do, spam w comments? :p there's not much you can do on last.fm...

Last.fm is a shitty service, and I'm sorry I signed up for it.

Password changed.

It records logs of the music you listen to, and suggests other tracks. What could possibly make it a shitty service?

Dont really care about password being leaked, but I guess I will get around to changing it later.

Not only did I have to changed my LinkedIn password earlier this week, I now have to change my last.fm password - which is used on lots of other sites.

So chances are this weekend a lot of passwords are going to get reset.

what are they gonna do, spam w comments? :p there's not much you can do on last.fm...

No, but the username / e-mail / password combo will be run in other places. Primarily Banks, Creditcard companies, etc. But also online stores which may store your address / credit info.

The don't even have to work purely online. They could get an online store and get partial information. Then call in and pump the minimum wage customer service person for more details.

With all the online stores I've visited, I can't guarantee I never used the password / e-mail combo.

I am getting really fed up with sites not embracing multi-stage authentication or OpenID.

I changed my password to "OHn0igotsHAX0red"

We might as well just change our passwords to "password" because the majority of credentials aren't obtained through "guessing" but through malware, keyloggers and data breaches.

Back